SARD R2D2 fitted.

And like the famous Monty Python Sketch (or was it "Not the 9 O'Clock News"), I have a "Machine that Goes 'Ptttsch'".

Have it loosened off quite far, but it will dump on each gear shift when the factory gauge shows Atmos pressure, rather than full boost. Am planning on adjusting it so that it will only dump with at least 50% boost.

BTW Chet. Full boost in first and second is 6PSI, and 8PSI in the other gears. It dumps nicely.

At full boost it gives a quiet (in the cabin) but very long Ptttttsch. Probably far louder outside, will have to try it with the window open.

BTW Vamp, no problems with idling, or black smoke on gear changes, so it seems to work with the AFM. One thing, if you get one for the Tubby, make sure the T piece you get is a 30mm one, I had a real pig of a job installing mine, because the T piece is a standard 25mm, and the DV is a

30mm. Doable, but really nasty to do.

Car is much smoother on changes now.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

makes a mental note, although i like being 'pttttssssshhhhh' -less as it makes it more fun when booting it and confusing the idiots that still see the MR2 as a hairdresser slow mobile :)

Reply to
Vamp

Hmmm i never had any luck with it. This weekend i managed to wrangle a mitsu evo 6 for meself (i could start talkin but i wouldn't stop) but i couldn't get it to work on it either, i guess its just me...

Reply to
Chet

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

At first I thought it wasn't working. Then suddenly I got the magic "Ptttsch". And it was fine after that.

I've tightened it up a little yesterday, so that will help. It isn't actually overloud in the car. Just a nice long drawn out "Ptttsch" as long or short as you keep the throttle shut. When it opens and closes it's really fast acting so you can keep it in boost on gear changes still by only dumping a little.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

it more fun when

slow mobile :)

It now feels right, and arround town when I'm not going onto boost crawling arround, it still sounds like the same old GT4. But going at it from the lights, two dumps in a couple of seconds to get to 30 sounds good.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Just a loaner, or you buying?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

To be fair i didn't play with it on the evo much. Refitted my old DV to the

19 tonight and its 3x louder than the r2d2
Reply to
Chet

Just a loaner, i wouldn't buy one. Too gawdy and a little too refined. I have more fun in the 19 (Apart from launching out of 2nd gear corners)

Reply to
Chet

give you £5 for the R2D2 :) but you can keep C3PO ;)

Reply to
Vamp

I thought mine was quite until I changed from 3rd to 4th at full boost with the windows open.

Fuck me it is noisy. Still a loud pressure hiss, but what a hiss.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Bah, you're not helping :P 19 is about to die now anyways so i won't bother tryin to get it workin until...well, that'd be tellin ;)

Reply to
Chet