Some cars you'll all hate :-)

OOoooo unlucky heh!

Reply to
DanB

Indeed, I'd have phrased it "Trying to get to France in an MGF"

Reply to
Pete M

Could be worse, I'm going down with some people between them we have:

Mini 1380cc (car just rebuilt) Pug 205 GTi Pug 106 Rallye Early 1980s VW LT camper

How many do you think the Seat can tow?

Reply to
Depresion

Will do it, but will snap an engine mount or downpipe on the way. Might break a carb jet if it's still on SU's.

Will do it, but will be a bastard to start in a busy service area somewhere in France, causing much chaos.

Won't give any issues.

Will eat a rear wheel bearing, and no-one will be able to find a socket big enough to shift it.

It'll tow-start the 205 at least twice.

Reply to
Pete M

Sorry to have asked, Dan and thanks for a courageous answer. It was not the answer expected and I would have wished another one.

What can I say? Keep up the spirits and all the best. I hope we meet in the near furture because (most of) this group of car-lunatics (even including PeteM ) seem like good blokes and because I haven't seen old Engeland for a too long time. Makes me feel a bit sorry that I couldn't find the time to see you in Spa when you were around. I might come over with the 928. I have problems with it as it is -after a steroid cure in sunny California which took 13 moths- so damned comfy, silent and potent (500 HP at the wheels) at all (even the most insane) speeds.

Quite possible it would fit you as a glove ;-)

All the best, Yellow Clio 172!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Thanks Tom :-) And it's a 197 hehe! We should totally schedule a meet around Tom showing us his weapon. Yes Doug, I just said that.

Reply to
DanB

!!

Reply to