SPi to carb MINI conversion

Don't suppose you're free tomorrow?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Strangely one of that type came with a secondhand AFM I bought off Ebay for my SD1 EFI, so I thought I'd try it. No difference whatsoever from the standard airfilter - except for a rather less nice noise.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No way the 1.6 Maestro started with only 65 BHP - that's about what the 1.3 had.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

When I phoned them up last week, I got told 10 days.

Hmmmm, might give 'em a ring then, I could do with a RR session, the car alright, but it's running a bit rich and needs re-jetting :) I'm running the same carb as you at the mo', I'm just pondering on making my own manifold for bike carbs and having a dabble with that..

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Not "the" Maestro, "that" Maestro :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Exactly. Pottered from my grandparents house to the supermarket and the=20 hairdressers once a week pretty much most of it's life.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

"Ken" wrote in news:451c47a4@212.67.96.135:

I think you'll find that you are the only one obsessing with the idea that "being disabled" is a valid arguement or a slight on Burgermans abilities. Having a chip on both shoulders doesn't make you balanced, you know. A failed welder is indeed a twisted creature, especially one that harps on about £38K for no apparent reason.

Reply to
Tunku

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

I think it only does retard if used by one...

Reply to
Tunku

Dave you must have realised by now that most posters here live in sad fantasy worlds where amazing results can be achieved through messing around with some piece of s**te on a dyno for a few hours, and changing very few if any parts.........................

Ken

To be fair, I think the reason it was 65BHP when it went in was due to the fact it was my Grandads and he'd owned it from new only using it to potter around town.

No idea...can only go on what the dyno showed. Must admit it was more than I expected but it had no issues keeping up with my mates XR3i at the time. I did get rid of the half tonne of crappy plastic which was jokingly used for linking the filter to the carb and replaced it with the same jubilee clip on K&N jobbie that you fit to carbed V8 SD1's.

Reply to
Ken

If you are making your own manifold make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy if you ever get it running!

Ken

£60 for a session including all the parts required. The session lasts as long as is needed to get the optimum out of the car.

Bogg Brothers, East Lutton, North Yorkshire.

Why do they need to? It's on a standard dizzy.

Reply to
Ken

Thing is it may not be much, but it is real, and not the invention of a disabled man who seems to have great difficulty in telling fact from fiction!

Ken

Its not even started yet...............pulling wings off flys is a bit tedious though!

Ken

If you think burger knows what he is on about then you are very very gullible.................maybe you would be in the market for a share in that London bus they found on the moon!

Ken

If burger actually had any abilities, why is he wasting them completely?

Ken

I know enough about cars to spot a know-it-all at 100 miles. No one can possibly know everything, and a wise man is continually learning. One can even learn from a relative novice with a fresh approach. But when someone refuses to admit to their mistakes on here - even although that mistake is obvious to all - they lose all credibility with me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. But seeing as I asked him "just to make it run right" rather than=20 "Expect a hundred brake mate" and had no expectations as well as the=20 fact he'd just finished a rolling road session on a competing rally=20 car, I expect it was pretty much spot on, especially as with running=20 Maestros in competition that he knew how to get the best out of them.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

In article , Ken says... =20

It's only Kunts like you that can't weld properly.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

"Ken" wrote in news:451e203f@212.67.96.135:

Is he?

Reply to