SPi to carb MINI conversion

Yes. But seeing as I asked him "just to make it run right" rather than "Expect a hundred brake mate" and had no expectations as well as the fact he'd just finished a rolling road session on a competing rally car, I expect it was pretty much spot on, especially as with running Maestros in competition that he knew how to get the best out of them.

Reply to
Ken

It's only Kunts like you that can't weld properly.

Reply to
Ken

bergerman has quite a convincing line in bullshit, but to anyone who does know what they are talking about thats all it is...................bullshit!

The main reason he posts to groups such as this, is due to the fact his pompous nonsense is very rarely challenged, as most posters dont have a clue what he is on about anyway!

Ken

Do you now how much someone who knows his way around the stuff that berger dribbles on about, can earn on a consultative basis? Around about £2k a day...............really does make me wonder why the prick wastes his time posting here!

Ken

First, I do wish you'd learn how to post correctly - it's hardly rocket science and just about everyone else manages. You could start by getting Quote Fix for OE - it will remove sigs for you and stop this nonsense.

To the point. The Maestro Turbo was the fastest car in its class when new. Maestros can be extremely competitive in club racing.

The Maestro was also an extremely good design of car - let down as usual by poor build and lack of development.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But much of the time you *don't* know what you're talking about - although plainly don't know this, which makes it kind of sad.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is called sharing the wealth. Not exactley rocket science to someone working in an industry, but may useful to those interested or wanting to join it.

Competition is healthy, obsessive bitterness and sniping isn't

Reply to
Elder

Never tried mate. But if you are claiming experiece of that too, I doubt the police would believe the confession. Especially after hearing you other car based exploits.

Reply to
Elder

I know exactly what I am talking about...............which makes posting here even more amusing!

Ken

But I don't want to have sex with you either...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Too late anyway. I'm fixed up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The only welding I can't do Ken is TIG and that's only because I've=20 never had the opportunity to try it but as I can do gas OK, I probably=20 won't have too much trouble.

You see, Klueless Ken, when I did my City & Guilds, part of it involved=20 doing a bit of welding and fabrication. I also did 3 months welding and=20 fabrication as part of a YTS scheme when I left school.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

SO seeing as you claim to know more than him, why are you wasting your=20 time posting here instead of earning =A32k a day on consultative work?

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

"Ken" wrote in news:451e4a7b@212.67.96.135:

Well, I never... Shock, and indeed, Horror.

Reply to
Tunku

The only welding I can't do Ken is TIG and that's only because I've never had the opportunity to try it but as I can do gas OK, I probably won't have too much trouble.

You see, Klueless Ken, when I did my City & Guilds, part of it involved doing a bit of welding and fabrication. I also did 3 months welding and fabrication as part of a YTS scheme when I left school.

Reply to
Ken

The welders at my last place of work would laugh at Ken. But then again, I can't see Ken being able to weld a turbine blade nor yet a 3000psi stress-relieved stainless flange.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Wouldn't such a person have to be qualified and done courses on the requirements? I know that when I was doing my Apprenticeship, the welding was done to Lloyds Inspectorate, but later in the 80's and 90's when I was on Electrical Design on Fast Water Jet Passenger Carrying Catamarans, the inspectorate was DNV which I think were Norwegian.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Unlike you I don't claim to be the worlds best. It taught me the basics=20 which I expanded on over the years. I also learned a fair deal from my=20 Uncle who has probably done more welding when he was re-fitting the QE2=20 as a troop carrier to go to the Falklands than you've done in your=20 entire life.

Why aluminium?=20

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

That's the level my uncle can do it to. He used to do a lot of work on=20 ships.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Yup, costs a fecking fortune but the workmanship is wonderful. The last rig we had welded by a company over near Horsham looked like a work of art.

Reply to
Steve Firth