supernova! (more linkage)

a challenge for ukrcm's own mad nova?

Reply to
pi

I could be wrong but aren't the torque and power curves meant to cross at

5252rpm?

"pi"

Reply to
Homer

I never really understood that, wouldn't where they cross be affected by how the

2 graphs were scaled?
Reply to
Depresion

As far as I know a dyno measures the engine torque, the power is then calculated from the torque with the equation below hence at 5252rpm torque = bhp

Horsepower = (Torque x RPM) / 5252

Reply to
Homer

Only if you are measuring using BHp and lbft.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

But it will still depend on the graph is scaled. ie what units are used in that equation? Different units will scale the grpah differently. Also the graph itself has completly different scales for torque and bhp ie where the

2 lines cross, the torque and bhp is not the same (~140 vs 300).

Not sure if i explained that very well, but if you look at the bhp and torque values for 5252rpm, them convert both into the units that your equation uses, then they should be the same (if the equation is right of course). If i could read the units i'd do it for you, but i cant :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Reply to
Theo

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Reply to
Dan405

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I've met Dervy!

Reply to
Dan405

No.

No.

No.

It's a secret remember. Draw your own conclusions :)

On the plus side he does know his shit, so to speak. I think that's the only reason anyone ever believed him despite continuing (lack of) evidence to the contrary...

Reply to
Lordy

Insinuating that Dervy is a spotted yoof locked away in a dark room somewhere ? :)

Reply to
Lordy

Yep.

Reply to
Nom

Thats why i didnt mention you :) Although i have met someone off here, but we were both pretty wasted at the time

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

omg, you didn't have drunken bum sex with him did you ? :)

Reply to
Lordy

bloody hell, i hope not!

Reply to