Toyota Hi-lux 1987 4x4 3Y Engine Replacement

A few months ago I purchased a Toyota Truck over Ebay. It was sold to me on the basis of a 2.2 litre, as stated on the log book.

About 10,000 miles previous at had been fitted with a reconditioned engine. In the last week I noticed on the invoice for the engine it states 2.0 litre. On the engine it states 3Y.

I have managed to get a service manual but this is Australian issue. My understanding is that it is in fact a 2 litre. But supposedly our

3Y engine and the Australian 3Y engine are a different capacity.

Basically is the 3Y a 2.0 litre engine? I think the 2.2 is a 4Y.

Many thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com

Reply to
Mark Naylor