Wales Rally GB

Seeing that most of this takes place within half an hour of my front door, I'm wondering where I can get hold of the full route for it.

The official webshite only wants to sell me expensive tickets, what I need is a proper route of the rally so I can work out where I can go and watch it on the cheap....

Reply to
SteveH

I believe security is very tight on access to the stages, in the name of safety of course.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Bugger.

*sigh*

Oh, for the old days of the Lombard RAC where you could just pitch up at the track they were using and watch it. (Last time I did that I chased the rally around on a Suzuki GP100..... wasn't an off-road bike, but, due to it's light weight, it would go almost anywhere).

Reply to
SteveH

Yeah, and it wasn't all in Wales! Too much of a ballache to get down there. I miss the days of it being in Kielder, the Lakes and Dalby :(

It went past my school in 1986 which was ultra cool, travelling from (I think) Dalby to Wynyard. We jammed the crossing with a matchstick, so the lights kept going red and we got to have nice long looks at the lovely machinery...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

IMO Friday is the best day - I'm going then. Proper real rallying. Brechfa and Trawscoed are near each other so you could watch one run through once and go see the other run twice or vice versa. Rheola is a bit too far away and the times too tight to be able to get there and back to see the first two run through.

Saturday is stages with big screens, hotdog stalls, crowds 50 deep. Sunday is a short day so maybe see one stage run through twice.

Prov route and timetable.

Overall Map

Friday

Saturday