Way OT: CDRs and CDRWs

Sorry for it being way off topic... but is it usual for a CDRW to take longer to burn than a CDR for the same data?

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah...they're typically far lower write speeds.

Reply to
Conor

Yup, it's probably only writing at 4x speed.

I recently sent one of my monkeys at work out to get me a new CDR & discs for a computer that was regularly writing CD-RWs as it only had a four speed drive in it. Idiot came back with a nice new hi-speed drive and a pack of four speed CD-RWs ffs.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Bwahahahaha!

I've just laughed so hard it woke the kittens up, and they didn't bloody wake up when next door but one crashed their Yaris into their living room window!

Reply to
DervMan