What's about the same size as a Ka, quicker and has better seats, a rev counter and better handling?

So you believe the A-Class has a smooth ride, with no harshness?

Odd, that when I ran a Cinq and my father used to get A-Classes when he took his Merc in, how we both remarked that a car costing one third had a much better ride.

/cough/ Ride, Steven, ride?

Reply to
DervMan

Read the subject line n*****ts.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Kindly read my post before jumping down my throat.

And you didn't bother answering my other comments.

Reply to
DervMan

"handling".

but obviously you don't as you have covered a large amount of milage in the last week :) unles the Ka does leave you with numb nuts? :)

Reply to
dojj

I did.

I didn't

And?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Buy one of the new SportKas... they're a fair bit quicker than the old Anglia powered one. Not sure about the rev counter though.

Ka's are the best handling shopping car I've ever driven, although a 106 is fun.

The pedals are too close together in a 106 / Saxo for a start, but they DO do comedy bunnyhops if you pull the handbrake when you reverse them.

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Nom waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

If you're REALLY sick, you could buy an Alfa 33

Pete M

(owner of a shabby old Golf)

Reply to
Pete M

Even the worst chunk of shit money can buy will get round corners successfully. Or all the roads would be straight. With turntables instead of roundabouts.

Handling isn't just about grip, it's about a combination of grip, balance, feel, and consistency. 205 GTi's grip very well indeed, they feel great when driven fast, messages through the wheel, through the seat of your pants all delivered well, unfortunately they're not very consistant. Great on a track, but the lift off oversteer is a bit on the lairy side for *proper* fast road use. A properly set up Mk2 Golf on the other hand will do very nearly the same average speeds as the 205 on a track, but the Golf will feel more consistant.

Driving a 205 GTi 1.9 (and I've had two of the buggers) over a road you know for 30 or 40 miles is fantastic, it's great fun, but it is hard work. The same roads in a Mk2 Golf at the same speeds won't be quite as exhilarating, but you get out at the other end with a smile on your face, not your heart in your mouth.

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

You did not.

You did.

This could get repetitive.

Reply to
DervMan

Heh; although I've not driven a SportKa, the new Ka has more power (same torque) and is keener from the mid-range upwards. Collection and upwards get a natty rev counter.

Although to be fair, a rev counter is useful not essential, and it's easy to add one afterwards.

;)

Reply to
DervMan

exhilarating,

In fact, many japanese hatches are as good!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Rubbish. You've gotta be REALLY going for it, to "accidentaly" lose the back-end.

Reply to
Nom

And none of them are perfect. My first Pug 405 (1.9 8v) could happily take the speed-humps on the holiday-park where I worked, at 50mph - they were hardly felt in the cabin. If you try the same in the Ferrari, I can gurantee you WILL fill them in the cabin, and you'll probably break the car.

You can't have Ultimate ride AND Ultimate handling.

Reply to
Nom

Neither am I. My >200bhp car suits me just fine thanks :)

Reply to
Nom

Lend me some then - i'll have the Cyborg on Ebay :) 175bhp 1.6 NA (queue old people complaining of lack of torque).

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Bwahahah 175 PS and about 85 Nm of torque. Pants. Needs more torque.

:)

Reply to
DervMan

I bet its god more than the Ka :)

And i said bhp not PS ;)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Now, now, children............ :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

get a cheap 3 yr old KA

fit a turbo

fit recaro's

fit a revvy

fit wide wheels & tyres

that's it! .... a revelation for £5k!

CheeRS

Reply to
Mike Norris

Stuff them, I like Vtec / Mivec / VVC / VVti - it's just a change in driving style when you want to drive flat out. I like turbo motors too - but some of them are crappy as well.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp