What's about the same size as a Ka, quicker and has better seats, a rev counter and better handling?

But only above the Ka's engine speed limiter. The Ka will have shed loads more between 2,500 rpm and 4,000 rpm! :)

I know. I'm Europeanised these days, don't you know? :)

Reply to
DervMan

They're not that cheap. Mine's 4 years old and looking at Autotrader suggests I'd be asking £3k or so if I sold it. Not bad going (didn't pay much more for it than that 2 years ago).

I *have* to have air con, and that gets in the way of turbo installs AFAIK.

Nice.

Definately.

Not that fussed, maybe a centimeter or two wider but not much more. New brakes would be above new wheels IMO.

Heh. Would surprise the Nova types...

Reply to
Doki

Wrong.

Oh no I didn't... behind you (etc).

Reply to
Steve Firth

/cheesy American accent/

You guys!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Which gays?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Completely active suspension? IIRC Lotus developed a very good system, but it was too expensive or complicated and it never caught on.

Reply to
Doki

oh yes it could! to me, to you :)

Reply to
dojj

If you want bigger brakes, you need bigger wheels. If you want more traction (and you will, with a Turbo lump), you need wider wheels.

Reply to
Nom

Except in snow, ice and when it's raining.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Theres NO point in turboing the 1.3 endura, they only give 80bhp on a low blow turbo don't they? You'd still be cained by a Nova GSi, and probably an SR 1.4.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

There's lots of point in turbocharged the Endura-E, because although you only put it out to 85 PS / 140 Nm with the Van Aaken Developments kit, this isn't intercooled and uses the T15 turbocharger . . . basically it drives the same way.

So you get >130 Nm of torque from 2,200 rpm through to over 4,000 rpm.

Which means it's very laid back, easy-to-drive.

We've a chap with a T2 stuck on his Ka and ~150 PS being produced from the Endura-E. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I know making a rapid Ka would be pretty difficult without say, an engine transplant, and I can't be arsed to make an otherwise decent motor into something that's rapid but unsellable. Hence I'm going to get something else for "messing about with".

Reply to
Doki

Snow and Ice, granted. But you can count those days per year, on one hand ! The roads have been gritted for the other five sub-zero days :)

Rain, only if you've got pants tyres :)

Reply to
Nom