whats broken now?

I noticed this today, I think it may be for the 'your brakes are knackered' warning light. Am I right? Does it look broken?

black socket looking thing with the wire, and the white bit) your opinions ladies and gents please.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Not sure I even recognise anything in the picture, so can't really help. What happens if you plug it back in? You never know - it could be one of those miracle gadgets that gives you another 5 mpg from nowhere! :-)

Ernie doesn't have a brake warning light, so this morning on the way to B&Q he twice leapt onto the other side of the road and then failed to stop for an amber light, just to get his point across.

I think the left front brake isn't doing its share, and sadly he'll have to be laid up until I can get it sorted.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

pressure in the two braking circuits is equal nothing happens , if the pressure is uneven a piston is pushed to one side or other making the contacts in the switch touch and the light come on. Oh look the plug has fallen off, there it is with the two wires lying on the pipe below! I wonder what might happen if we plug it back in to the nylon socket on the valve block........ hopefully it will all work again. Steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Twas Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:11:12 -0000 when "R L Driver" put finger to keyboard producing:

I thopught it may be that... though it looked broken and I was wearing a suit at the time and didn't want to get greasy..

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

All 4 of the "your brakes are knackered" warning cables had worn through on my Disco, at the wheel end. Great design! "It's an offroad vehicle - so let's hang some very thin wire loosely somewhere near the wheels and not protect it properly"

Reply to
David French

On or around Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:11:12 -0000, "R L Driver" enlightened us thusly:

In a nutshell :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles