whats the modern(ish) equivilant

Mi16 is very tunable. 200bhp is easy. Matt Faulks who used to hand around here had one.

Reply to
DanTXD

Indeed. Passable commute wagon but I can't see it beating an evo on the muddy stuff. I've never heard of the car he's refering to either.

He'll be along to enlighten us shortly i'm sure.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Thats what those bullet supercars are running.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Possibly the 480. A lot of Skoda rally and track racers user Renault/Volvo Liners and Pistons to oversize their Skoda 1.3s to 1.4 and 1.7 (ish) litre.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

1.7litre Volvo 480 Turbo. crap as standard (about 140-150BHP) But "Chipable", Unichip piggyback I think upto 250BHP with nothing else changed, and very little additional fragility.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You've just described my GT4 mate. I need to check the tailpipe for cats, hedgehogs, small children and the homeless each morning.

And it goes "ptttsssssch" thanks to the power of R2D2 (look it up).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Ew, I'd much rather have a nice new Clio 182 than any of those three. It's got handling *and* performance. Best of all worlds !

I couldn't. Not even nearly. My local guy charges £30 per hour, plus VAT. I rekon the total bill would be £PLENTY

Agreed. We are talking about REMUS remember :)

Reply to
Nom

Cost. Complexity. Already-have-200bhp. etc.

Agreed. The more the merrier :)

I'll hazard a guess that that's not the norm though. Average oik sticking a

200bhp Turbo lump into his Nova, will pay £RILLIONS to insure it.
Reply to
Nom

But the 205 handles *better* than the Clio, and isn't much slower.

Aye, and we've seen the kind of mods he thinks will "improve" a Golf GTi.

Reply to
Pete M