Woohoo, car fixed... for now.

Me? Don't think I really modded anything of my own till I got the Mazda. More through lack of money than anything else. My money all went on fuel and mid to high teens MPG. (c:

Tough words, hard man.

What counts as modification?

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes so when is the 'charger for the Mazda arriving ;-)? The clear repeaters and stuff you did though made a good aesthetic improvement - is there a way of getting rid of those dang orange reflectors...?

Heh, ISTR this came up a while ago... I'm not going down the road you're hoping for though, but nicely implied good sir ;-)

Reply to
DanB

A ridiculously oversized turbo perhaps? How about bolting a 300 bhp motor into a 170 bhp car?

I can't say f*ck all at the moment, I'm in the process of making the E30 look completely 'factory' again, although all this seems to involve is replacing dented panels - hardly a mod. I am on the lookout for a pair of black leather Recaros for it, but everyone seems to want mental money.

Reply to
Pete M

Heh no no, Doug was hoping I'd post a reference to a past thread I mentioned to him on t'MSN. Someone doing a monster about face in opinion etc :-)

Reply to
DanB

Cinq was lowered, stiffened on uprated shocks with a strut brace, Janspeed and 57i kit. Not excessive but made it a lot more fun. Cost about 500 quid to do, which was a bonus.

Didn't bother modding anything else until I started on the 75 - uprated shocks on the front, stiffer, lower springs on the back with uprated shocks. K&N panel filter, as you can't get a decent induction kit off the shelf these days. It is also running uprated pads and DOT 5.1 fluid. Again, not excessive, but it has helped on the track.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Volvo or princess?

Reply to
Elder

Mondeo ones seem to be the best option, price, availability etc wise.

Reply to
Pete M

Neither. Wilwood.

Reply to
Conor

Can't fit them under 13" rims. Grandad ones will though.

Reply to
Conor

Hmmm. I think I qualify as that.

Actually, no, I insured my mark two Fiesta fully comprehensively...

Most have in some small way. A few in a bigger way. Actually and this isn't a dig in the slightest, are you gonna do anything to the Clio? Somebody passed me in a 2008 Clio Sport thingie-me-bob this evening.

*looks at the Hirsch website again* :-)
Reply to
DervMan

Possibilities for the R27 were covered in another thread :-) Now I have a new thought...

Those wheels are Megane R26s 18s, wearing 225/35/18s, they have 'sharper' spokes than mine as well, which are 215/45/17 standard fit. This is a poorish picture of a black R27 with standard wheels -

DanB