I have discovered the secret of car electricals.

Monday, fitted stereo worked first time, saved my sanity because it=20 wasn't the wiring, but something in the old headunit that was causing=20 the speakers to flick in and out. Tuesday, fitted secondhand blower fan controller to replace failed one,=20 worked first time, saved =A3100 on a new part. Today, turning left, indicator going double time. Hmm, got to work,=20 switched them on in the car park. All working, and no little tell tale=20 on the dash. Coming home, still doing it so I'm calling at Tesco anyway so I'll have=20 another look in the car park.

Still all working, so I try the ultimate weapon, flat of the hand=20 applied with speed and minimal force to the rear light lens. Bingo, they=20 slowed down to normal, and service has been resumed.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

I fixed an iPod in a similar fashion once. (c:

If it happens again, it could be worth some contact cleaner or emery paper on the bulb and bulb holder contacts?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I reckon the bulb might need reseating, but I'll wait until it goes again before I mess with it.

Reply to
Elder

Bulb out, scrape the inside terminal on the bulb holder with a key or summat equally to hand, same with the bulb, job done.

You could buy some of those nutty LED lightbulbs and confuse the f*ck out of your bulb warning circuits - that's always fun.

Reply to
Pete M

After the bollocks with the alarm I'm not messing with anything that might need a resistor.

Reply to
Elder

The resistor counts as a mod doesn't it?

Reply to
Pete M

Well, the alarm counts as a mod as it isn't the same one fitted by the factory. And yes of course I told me insurance, it was a requirement ;)

Reply to
Elder

The true secret is to not let the magic smoke out. And never use anything with Lucas written on it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston