xr4x4

No the one you have at the moment will probably fit fine.

Ken

Reply to
David Billington

mt75 is the one i have

bob

David Bill> Type 9 or MT75 box?. In the case of the type9 the transfer case replaces

Reply to
bob

Reply to
David Billington

Didnt know the Ford DOHC engine fitted to this car was a V6??

Ken

The V6 wasn't DOHC, it was an OHV pushrod engine. In fact I've got the same engine in one of my cars but its a later derivative 4.0 litres and SOHC.

The DOHC pinto was AFAIK never used in the XR4x4, just in the lesser Sierras. XR4x4s were all V6 Cologne engines of 2.8 and 2.9 litres.

You don't do very well for someone who considers himself to be such an expert, far in advance of we mere mortals.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ford *did* produce a 2.0 DOHC XR4x4...

Reply to
Abo

I don't think I ever came across a 2.0 in the flesh.

Reply to
Abo

Who'd buy one when you could get a V6? Oh yes, one of Chris Stevens "m8s". Say it all.

Reply to
straggle

Be far better car with a Lister SE fitted though wouldnt it John?

Have a look at "straggle's" web pages, which will explain all

Ken

It wasn't. THe early XR4x4 came with a 2.8/2.9V6 and later some bastardised ones came out with a 2L DOHC engine in them.

Reply to
Conor

The DOHC did find it's way into a booted version (Sapphire type) 4x4.

Reply to
Conor

You are not saying the f****it eggsuckers are wrong surely?..............................

Ken

the V6 bellhousing won't fit the 4 pot motor but all the 4 pot bellhousings fit each other (as far as 4wd variants go) the V6 uses the longer input shaft too

i d> Might be a problem then as the V6 bellhousing pattern is different to

Reply to
dojj

THE CAR BELONGING TO THE OP IS FITTED WITH THE 2LTR DOHC 4CYL MOTOR.............GOT THAT!!!!!

Reply to
Ken

yes it did - later on

it appears you don't either

Reply to
joyrider

then it's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

Reply to
joyrider

Not so sure that the DOHC lugs are the same as the Pinto. I recall that you HAVE to have the MT75 gearbox when sticking a DOHC in a Capri.

Reply to
Conor

been there, done that the cossie box bolts on and is the same fitment as the dohc box mate ;)

Reply to
dojj