Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wanted in he UK
2005 or 2006 mustang v6 hard top or convertible ....cash waiting

mustang engine swap 3.9 to 3.8
I have a 2004 Mustang with a rod knock if I swap it out for a 2002-03 3.8 am I going to have computer problem or anything else I need to change? Thank You

where is the fuel pump reset in a gt mustang convertible 1995-1997
-- trying to fix mustang fuel line need to find where the fuel pump reset is...
1
1

2.3 inj pinto engine problem ......
A year ago I bought a nice '92 four banger convertible 90k miles here in Scotland UK . There was always a smell of crankcase oil in the car while driving. Today I changed the oil and filter for the...
3
3

Code P1131 on 2000 GT question
I got 2 errors at the same time : P1131 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -lean" P1132 "lack of bank 1 02 transitions -rich" Can someone tell me plz what bank 1 02 is ??? I started to get the code after...
3
3

Power steering reservoir cap tether
The flexible plastic tether or retainer that secures the power steering reservoir cap to the resevoir on my 4.6L 1997 Mustang GT is broken. Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement? The closest...
3
3

Winshield Wipers for 83 Mustang GLX Convertible
Hi, My wiper switch hasn't worked for awhile. The wipers were always on - in the fast position. Since I rarely am caught in the rain, I was able to continue by pulling the F-2 fuse in the power...

Battery issues
My original Motorcraft YD BXT-96R battery was dead this morning on my '05 Mustang. The cells all needed fluid, I filled them and am now giving it a trickle charge. I noticed a sight gauge on top of...
3
3

Tune-up for a 1996 GT
I have a 1996 GT which I acquired second hand in 2002, and I feel it is time for a comprehensive tune-up (for one thing, the "check engine" light has stayed on for a day or so on at least two...
10
10

Depressurize Fuel System
I am currently working on my third Fox Body, an 89 LX 5.0 Convertible. Just as a preventative, I wanted to change my fuel filter and ran into a problem. On my earlier ones (92 and 93), you could...
5
5

Fox Body GT getting hot...what gives???
I am having problems with the cooling system on my 1990 GT, when I drive anywhere the temp gauge reads higher than normal and the more I drive, the hotter it gets (no shit sherlock) but this is where...
28
28

which speedo cable for '89 GT with T-5?
Hi guys, I tried searching in the archives, but have not found the answer to my question. After 18 years and 120,000 miles, my speed cable has finally stopped working. I am on the NAPA site and trying...
5
5

Cleaning MMR High Flow Intake Filter
How do you clean the "washable" MMR High Flow Intake Filter ? I see assorted cleaning kits about the net in a search, most seem specific to a brand, but I don't find any for my MMR one. Suggestions?...

Should driveshaft turn at all (by hand)
I'm trying to assess the condition of my 93's U joints. I got under the car and tried to turn the driveshaft by hand. I could turn it a little bit, I would say about 1/4" of travel measured at the...
2
2

Question:part number for Edelbrock carb
Where do I find the part number of an Edelbrock carb? It is the Performance/Thunder series. Thanks mike
10
10

"ABS" fluid - brake fluid
I had my "other car" at the dealer the other day (service 4WD light was on). When they called to give me the specifics on what it needed, they said "and also, it needs this fluid changed, that fluid...
2
2

01 V6 jerking, shuddering
I have an 01 V6 93,000 miles. I have already determined I need an idle air control valve, because my car almost dies most of the time when I'm stopped at a light, etc. runs really low and rough....
3
3

My 98 Mustang GT won't Start!!
Tonight I went to start my car which has never gave me any major problems before......... and it won't start!!!! I just got a new battery about a month ago. When I turn the key it just goes click........
4
4

Want more MPG? Trying using your clutch pedal.
My big block 1969 Camaro used a B&M manual valve body to shift the turbo 400 automatic trans. When I backed off the throttle the car free-wheeled like being in neutral. It was hard on brakes with no...
28
28

WTF? Pinging 351W
My 400cid 351 Windsor stroker is only running 9.2:1CR but it's pinging like crazy on the 85 octane here in Colorado. I've checked the gaps on my plugs and the points, retarded my timing so far back...
9
9