Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

INFO: glossary of Ford EFI terms
While this isnt complete, it should help... ABS Anti-Lock Braking System. ACT Air Charge Temperature (intake air, after filter) ATX Automatic Trans. BAP Barometric (atmosphere) Air Pressure sensor CC...
6
6

'65 Fastback Rear Seat Installation
I'm reinstalling the interior of my fastback. I dismantled it almost 20 years ago. Yeah, one of those long drawn out restorations. Anyway, I'm trying to install the rear "shelf" unit. It's the part of...
1
1

Ford GT, 4 mpg??
When driven flat out that is what it gets. I can't help thinking that a Cobra boosted to 550hp driven flat out would get better mileage. I wonder how the GT consumes that much gasoline? BTW; That's GT...
19
19

Help w/ electrical problem, '85 Mustang
1985 Mustang LX, 3.8 L CFI This car has only 83,000 miles on it, and runs pretty damn well. Big problem though: every 2-3 months or so something goes wrong and I end up with a dead battery. Sometimes,...
3
3

03 Cobra towing capacity
Will an 03 Cobra be able to tow: 1. motorcycle on a small trailer. 2. Couple of jet skis. 3. pop up tent camper. Thanks in advance. John
14
14

Replace PCM module?? Help!!
Well to catch anyone up on my problem, here goes. Got in my car a few weeks ago, totally dead. Go to jump it, hear a whirring sound as soon as the jumper cables are connected, its my air pump. Ok, air...
19
19

Some Carb Advice
Hi, Well I have one thing left to do on my mustang re-build and that is to select the carb. It is a 347 stroker out of my old 5.0 block. It has the AFR 185 Heads and an Edelbrock Air Gap intake. It is...
38
38

TLC special last night Shelby GT500 (who makes them?)
I caught the last 10 minutes of some car show on TLC. They were showing some custom shop making Shelby copies for 'Gone in 60 seconds'. One car was called Eleanor. They showed one being made for Jason...
18
18

Whisseling sound after installing larger throttlebody and airfilter
Hi again! (lots of questions today..) I addition to the 1991 Mustang, we also have a 1998 Mustang conv. with the 3,8 V6. After installing a larger throttlebodykit from BBK and a BBK cold air intake...
7
7

Anybody over 6' and driving an SN95
How do you guys FIT in this car??? I was looking at a '98 this evening and tried it on for size. I'm 6'4" and felt like I was entombed. No leg room AT ALL. Is there a way to get some more space?...
27
27

Sludge in radiator?
Just changed a water pump in a `96 Monte Carlo... uses the orange silicate-free anti-freeze. Car is mint, 85k miles on original antifreeze. Pulled off the radiator cap and there is a good deal of...
3
3

1969 Mustang Engine Swap
I have a 69 Mustang coup with a 302 and C4 automatic trans, I also have a 1970 F250 pickup with a 390 in it. I want to take the 390 out of the truck rebuild it and then drop it in my Mustang. What is...
3
3

Funny: IROC Camaro beats any cop car
Right click, Save as. (3.46MB) I wish my Mustang was bad as this guy's Camaro! :-D
11
11

how to remove factory bonded on emblems from exterior?
What is the best way to remove an emblem from the exterior that has been bonded on at the factory? I've heard of guys using certain solvents and/or hair driers... I am just concerned about hurting the...
6
6

Ford TFI - Class Action
oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo oooo Ford TFI Class Action On October 29, 2003, the Supreme Court of British Columbia certified the lawsuit of Barbara Reid against...

88 GT Parking Brake Adjustment
Can anyone tell me where you adjust the parking brake on a 1988 Mustang GT? I have the blue factory manual, supposedly, but it also includes Thunderbird, Cougar, and Lincoln Mark VII . The...
1
1

What are C9OE heads worth?
I picked up a pair of these heads at a junk yard over 10 years ago. I have a buddy that might be interested in them, and I'm not sure what they are worth. What would be a fair price for them? He works...
4
4

new seats-old 'stang
Picked up a good solid set of Fox body bucket seats with the seatbelts and all the bolts/"stuff" at a swap meet yesterday. They even threw in the sunvisors. They all came out of an '85. Only $20 cause...
10
10

How 2 Clear airbag code on a 93GT?
Ok guys. I left the radar detector on in my car and didn't drive it for over a month. Needless to say the battery was destroyed (shorted internally). I replaced the battery but now the airbag light...
3
3

totaled mach 1, how much would you pay?
A friend of mine has a '03 mach 1 that is totaled :(. None of the body panels are good on the car, but, pretty much everything else is fine. The motor might have 15,000 miles on it, the tranny is...
24
24