Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Octane Booster/TEL substitute
I've got a completely stock 390 4V in the '69 Mach 1 I just bought. No hardened valve seats. The previous 2 owners have used STP's Lead Substitute since tetraethyl lead was phased out of gasoline,...
1
1

1986 GT AOD shift skips from 2nd to OD
Hey, I have a 1986 Mustang GT with an AOD that will skip gears if I'm too easy on the throttle. If I use WOT it will shift 1 - 2 and than bog down by skipping to Over Drive. Usually happens after the...
7
7

flasher location? 1998 Mustang
Please, where is the flasher unit located on a 1998 Mustang coupe? r/ Keith
2
2

1970 Mustang Hood Tach Wiring Diagram and Location
Hello group, I am looking for information to wire a Dixco/Ford Hood Tach for my Mach One. If anyone has information on exact hood location, or the wiring diagram, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...
1
1

? 69 351W stroker tolerances
I was thinking about stroking my block to 393 or 408 as a winter project. And getting a kit with forged parts for more strength on the bottom. Id like to use my stock block but I was looking on whos...
4
4

95 GT giving 11 MPG and not good throttle response
I bought automatic GT 95 all-stock last month and its giving me 10-11 miles per gallons. Also the throttle response in first and second gear are bad. I know this is not stick shift, even then I was...
7
7

69 heater fan removal
I need advise on how to get the heater and and AC box out of the car. It is a 69 Mach 1 with factory AC. This is one of those weekend change overs that is taking a month. I have removed the dash and...
3
3

Number 5...I shall call him Caboose...
So our 5th son was born. I get so tired of the "Gee, do you know what causes that?" comments. Anyhow, he was a whopping nine pounds. 19.5 inches long. Born on the 2nd of June at 7:32pm Jonathan...
12
12

MAC upper/lower control arms
All, Finally pulled this off of the back burner of 'things to do'. Problem was a case of rear steer...one way under accel, the other under decel. I pulled the arm out and of the six pairs of bushings...
1
1

Mustang Quits!
I have a 92 GT, starts fine and runs fine for about 5 to 8 minutes. Then it just quits, If it does refire you have to pump the gas to keep it running. I know its in the fuel system somewhere,but were?...
10
10

My power steering pump ceased, and broke a stud...
The stud is broken off flush with the engine. There are only two, so this makes it pretty important to get fixed. Can you give me any advice on how to get the stud out and replaced? voice from the...
3
3

Letting My MM&FF Subscription Lapse
I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop it. While they still have some articles that appeal to me, I find I'm reading less and less of their magazine with each new issue. I want more comparisions. I like...
2
2

O2 Sensor-Bosch vs. Borg/Warner
Is one better than the other for stock 1990 5.0 mustang. On ebay the borg/warner is cheaper. Reliability? thanks, Ernie
1
1

hood scoop theory 101 ??
My baby is finally done at the body shelby side scoops and mach1 hoodscoop look awsome! I was perswaded not to cut a hole in the hood for a hoodscoop for 2 reasons. compromising the structural...
11
11

ford cylinder layout 5.4L triton
Hey guys, What's the cylinder arrangement? #1 on the forward passenger side and odd numbers in increasing order on that side or what?
7
7

1965 Ford Mustang (351 Cleveland)
Hey, This is my first post to this group or any group for that matter. So sorry if it doesnt work out ok. Anyway I just bought a mustang as you can see from the subject. It is a 1965 mustang with a...
4
4

Another magazine comparison - '05 Mustang GT vs Suburu WRX
January 2005 issue of Automobile Magazine has a comparison of "who builds the most entertaining $25,000 car." The 5-page article was purposefully written from Washington D.C. to give it a...
4
4

things to look for when buying a 68 mustang
I am going to check out a 68 mustang 302 2V P/S,P/B,A/C. The owner said he has replaced the engine, rebuilt the C4, and replaced many parts in the engine bay and has reupholstered the interior. He...
5
5

Door glass for 1965 Mustang Fastback
I am looking for both left and right door glass for a 1965 Mustnag Fastback. Does anyone have some for sale?
3
3

Bad vibrations in my Fastback 65 - Ford 9 inch rear end
Hi! I have a problem with vibrations in my Mustang Fastback 65 with manual transmission and Ford 9 inch rear end. At 55-60 mph, it starts as a vibrational sound but almost no vibrations are felt in...
11
11