Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

replacing points with electronic ignition
Hi, I have a 1965 6cyl 200cu inch 3 speed. I've been thinking about replacing the points with an electronic ignition. Maybe this is a topic that has been discussed to death on this newsgroup but I...
19
19

electropolishing
I was wondering. Has anyone ever electropolished the metal-to-metal, lubricated surfaces in an engine, like the main, rod, and cam bearings, lifters, etc. and what were the results? I know it's been...
13
13

1990 GT rough idle/stalling after battery change
I have a 1990 GT that was running perfectly until I changed the battery. I am assuming the computer memory was erased when the battery was changed, but I cannot get the car to relearn how to idle...
6
6

Windsor distributor in Cleveland??
I got my '70 Sportsroof back from my engine builder today complete with a freshly rebuilt engine and with the ignition upgraded to MSD. In the car was the box from the Pro Billet distributor which I...
4
4

Powerdyne BD-11 Supercharger - - Ford Mustang 5.0
Currently on ebay! only 6 days left!!!! NO RESERVE!! ad is for a Polished powerdyne supercharger (model bd-11). Everything needed to install it is included. Every nut, bolt, washer, hose, belt,...
7
7

Screw-in studs for 289HP 1965-66 (screw dimension)
Hi! I need some help to identify the rocker arm screw-in studs dimension of a 289HP head from 1965-66. My part dealer have several screw-in studs for Ford 289, but he can't tell which one for the...
4
4

Difference between C4 and FMX??
Any appreciable differences between these two trannies? I have an FMX in the '69 that doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it, but I have a rebuilt C4 with a TransGo shift kit that I know is ready...
9
9

4.10's on a stock GT
I told my buddy that has a stock 1990 mustang gt who is looking into gears and wanted to know how much 4.10's would knock off of his ET, i told him around 3/10's of a second... Is this about righ,t or...
12
12

Please read this if you own a convertible....or if you just feel like reading it
I've posted to the newsgroup a few times, but mostly just lurk. I currently own a 1989 Convertible 5.0 LX into which I installed a 460/C6. The 460 isn't really relevent until the end of this...

94 mustang aod 373 gears?
Hello! I am going to pop in some 373 gears in my 94 'stang. It has the automatic with overdrive, and a shift kit. My question is, with the new gears I am thinking my shift points are going to have to...
8
8

347 stroker and a T5?
Will the T5 handle the power put out by a 347 stroker? I've pretty much decided to build a 347 using the complete Scat rotating assembly with Performer Air Gap intake and aluminum heads. I want to use...
10
10

Adjust parking brake, 2002 Mustang
I need to tighten it up a bit to pass inspection.. anyone have any suggestions?
10
10

### I tinted my plexiglass rear window ###
Hi All, I have been getting a lot of interest in the rear window on my 65 fastback. It is a Shelby "R" style plexiglass rear window. When we first set the window on the car, we were not impressed with...
2
2

99 Mustang Power Windows - both will not go down
99 Mustang convertible. Both power rear windows were working fine. Then both rear windows stopped working at the same time. Fronts work fine. Diagnosis summary: 1. Checked fuses under dash - none...
4
4

Hesitation during acceleration problem
I have a 98 Mustang GT & whenever I step on the gas a tad more than needed to barely get the car moving it hesitates a bit... like studders kinda... it goes.. then hesitates & goes.. then hesitates &...
9
9

Mobil 1 or Valvoline Synthetic
I just bought a 1995 Ford Mustang GT with a 5.0L engine at 109,000 miles. The recommended oil weight to use is 10w30. Is Mobil 1 or Valvoline Synthetic the best? Thanks, BTJustice
40
40

Larger Exhaust Tips.....effects on sound ??
My 5.0 LX's exhaust tips are whipped and need replaced. I'm pondering moving up to 2.5" or maybe 3" O.D. pipes (for looks). Although, I'm really like the sound of my car's exhaust as is, I'm wondering...
10
10

67 Mustang-Export Brace
I just bought a Scott Drake Export Brace for my 67 Mustang and I was assured that this one which came wrapped in an impressive package printed with a Ford part number was not like the others and would...
5
5

Mach 1 throttle behaviour
Recently bought a Mach 1. Love it, but one thing bugs me. When you let your foot off the throttle in neutral or with the clutch disengaged the revs fall slowly - not as you'd expect in an engine with...
4
4

? Is the TFI interchangeable with the old style coil ?
I'm using a newer TFI type of distributor in my '66 289 block so that I can take advantage of spark control, anyone know if the old cylinderical type of coil is interchangeable or do I need to buy the...
6
6