Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mustang tuning FM frequency
I noticed that tuning the FM frequency on my 95 Mustang radio only works in uneven frequencies, i.e. 99.1,99.3,99.5, etc. Is it possible to make it tune to even numbers. I live in South Africa and...
2
2

Value of an SROD?
I have a 1982 SROD (four speed overdrive) manual transmission sitting in my garage, complete with bellhousing, taking up space. It's meant to go behind a 302 of that era, and it's actually in pretty...
5
5

289/302 gas mileage?
What is the best mileage anyone gets running a 289 or 302 on the freeway?.....I am thinking of swapping the 352 ci (15 mpg) with a 3 speed stick tranny in my 1966 Ford pickup truck with dual exhaust,...
5
5

302 or 351w into a 65 Ford Falcon Futura?
Hello, I know this is a mustang group, but since the falcon and mustang have the same mechanical underpinnings I figured I would ask. I have a 65 ford falcon futura with an inline six that I'm getting...
5
5

Ford 390 engine interchangability
Now that I'm finally semi-retired the first project is putting another engine in my 74 F-100. It originally had a 360 from the factory and later two different 390's. It currently has a 390 from a junk...
4
4

How to bleed a JMC hydraulic clutch linkage?
I haven't been able to get a JMC hydraulic clutch linkage to bleed properly. Unfortunately, I have no documentation for this unit, and find none online. If you've had any success in bleeding on of...
5
5

natural gas LPG problem with 3.8 V6 Ford engine
Hello, I installed natural gas (Liquid petrol gas) on my 3.8 Ford Mustang from 95. It is working fine except it occasionally backfires and blows up the mass air flox box. I replaced it several times...
2
2

Diagram of ford 4.6 coolant passages
Does anyone know of a diagram showing the cooling passages in a 4.6L V8, specifically the driver's side of the '97 mustang GT version where the head and intake manifold meet? I think I found the cause...

Edelbrock 1806 tuning guide
I bought a '69 Mach 1 with an Edelbrock avs thunder series 650 cfm carburator #1806. I need to tune it but I don't have the guide. Can someone please email me a copy of the tuning graph with the...
3
3

431 rwhp gain with Kenne Bell Blowzilla
Some impressive numbers in the 5.0&SF. They started with a 99 GT with a prepped short block & ported heads; baseline dyno run was 211hp / 248t at the wheels. With the K.B. Blowzilla at 20 psi they...
1
1

5.0 Mustang Cowl Shake/strut brace/subframe connectors
Hi - I bought myself a very nice clean 89 LX 5.0 convertible and it is my first fox body car and I can really see why this car has such a lot of fans - it is great and I can see these cars being put...
2
2

Helping son replace seat
Hope someone can help. My son saved enough cash to buy a 1998 6-cylinder Mustang. The front driver's seat has just broken. It now has only one position -- laid all the way back. I called my usual...
22
22

66 mustang constant voltage regulator
Hope one of you experts can help me with this one. I have been having some strange behaviour from the gas gauge in my 66. No surpirse there I know. When I got the car the gauge was dead the whole...
2
2

89 Mustang 5.0 fuel pump noisy
Hi - I just bought a very stock 5.0 LX convertible that has been sitting for about a year before I bought it - everything is fine except that I notice that the fuel pump is noisy all the time - it...
7
7

Fog light etiquette?
What's the propper etiquette for using fog lights outside of foggy conditions? Do they cause problems for oncoming traffic like high beams do? What about when I'm behind someone? I like the way they...
14
14

blown fuel pump fuse
i am trying to figure out why my fuel pump fuse keeps blowing out?can anyone help me?its on a 1999 mustang v6
8
8

Accessory Drive Belt -- How Much Cracking is Normal?
I have 45,000 miles on my accessory drive belt that is rated for 60,000 miles. There is cracking on the ribs, parallel to the width of the belt, but the belt is intact. Is this considered normal, or...
6
6

90 Mustang fuse box
My son just informed me his car is due to be inspected before month end and his horn doesn't work. He's also managed to lose his owners manual AND the cover from his fuse box. Does anyone have a...
9
9

1994 MUSTANG OIL PRESSURE DROPS TO ZERO! HELP!
i have a 1994 ford mustang with a 3.8 v6. Recently, the oil pressure in the car dropped to completely nothing. When i looked at it, the O-ring on the oil filter blew out every time i started the car,...
3
3

1965 Mustang Pedal Car For Sale
1965 Mustang Pedal Car is being reissued. This pedal car is being manufactured using the original AMF tooling and is authentic in every way. This is a reissue licensed by Ford, not a reproduction....
3
3