OT: Tempo alignment specs

I posted this in AAF, but trust this group's technical knowledge a lot more...

Does anyone have alignment specs (toe, camber, cross camber, caster, did I miss one?) easily accessible to them? The car is a 1989 Tempo, FWD, stick (dunno if matters), 2.3.

I don't trust this shop to do warranty work correctly (or at all - they lied to me last time) and my 201,000-mile Tempo just -does not- hold an alignment, like they are known for. I am aghast at the tire wear after

7000 miles... the lower control arms and ball joints are fairly new. The struts are totally worn out, contributing to the wear problem, but not worth the $$ for this old thing...

Thanks

-- Wound Up TS #65

Reply to
Wound Up

From my Chilton's:

Range Preferred ------------------- --------- Front Caster (deg.) 1-11/16P to 3-3/16P 2-7/16P

Rear Caster (deg.) N/A N/A

Front Camber (deg.) Left 21/32P to 2-5/32P 1-13/32P Right 7/32P to 1-23/32P 31/32P

Rear Camber (deg.) 29/32N to 19/32P 5/32N

Toe-in (inch) Front 1/4N to 0 Rear 3/16N to 3/16P

Steering Axis Inclination (deg.) Front Left 14-21/32 Front Right 15-3/32

I don't even know what that last one is. Maybe someone can explain it? Anyway, hope this helps.

Arlie Cooper

Reply to
Blue Gator

Okay, Mr. Warman. I did a search for Steering Axis Inclination and found lots of confusing information before I found

. It gives a simple but clear explanation.

Arlie Cooper

Reply to
Blue Gator

(SMACK on the forehead) I should have looked there first. I am a doofus today!

Thanks man.

Reply to
Wound Up

"Wound Up" wrote in news:1137425810.223170.52220 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Where's the winky, J?

Aah, just set everything to 0. It's a Tempo fercrissakes...

Reply to
Joe

;)

How could I forget? I need a sarcasm booster shot, Joe!!!

HA! Yeah, you're right, and a beat-to-hell one at that. You should have seen the pics I inflicted on ABPA when the old hag turned the clock over 200,000.

Zeroes would probably work just fine. Wonder what they'd do if I said that? Give an eyebrow, maybe. To heck with that "optimal", in 32nds crap, doing stupid fraction conversions in my head... "did they get it optimally set? THINK, what's 19/32 in decimal... it's uh... over .55 and less than .65, so I guess it's close enough..."

;)

Reply to
Wound Up

Reply to
cprice

Wound Up wrote in news:43CC5594.8030308 @your.disposal:

Have an ABA. That'll help.

Scary thought.

Actually, you could probably just take it to Sears and say "line it up". I'm sure they've got the specs somewhere. They gave me a 6-month alignment guarantee and lifetime balancing/rotation when I got new skins on the Shoebox.

Reply to
Joe