OT: Things happen for a reason

I just received my build certificate from Ford for my SVT Mustang. When I bought the car back in September it was actually an alternative since the color I wanted in their inventory had been sold a few hours before I arrived. While it wasn't my original choice, the silver metallic still looked nice so I went ahead and bought the car. Looking over the particulars on the certificate I was surprised to see the final assembly date of 04/22/03. Of all the possible car choices, I had bought a car built on my 1-year anniversary of my sobriety date. Weird no?

Ray

Reply to
blindsquirrel

wow, that's weird. Congrats on that.

How did you get the certificate ? I bought a Cobra and didn't get it . Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

no.

Reply to
EvilAllah(tm)

That is just too cool... Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

You can send off for it. Someone here will be able to tell you how, I would but all of my files are still in storage for a couple of weeks.

I learned my build number and production date, it was totally exciting when i got it.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Thats cool, but whats even cooler is being sober for a year. Congrats.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

The dealer took care of the paper work when I bought the car. It took almost 4 months to arrive tho.

Ray

Reply to
blindsquirrel

Mine was in my mailbox tonight when I got home. I had called SVT the other day because I had heard somewhere they had finally started to mail them out, and they told me I should definitely have it by the end of the month.

To original poster: sounds like that car was made for YOU! Keep it and enjoy!

- Chris '03 Cobra vert #3263 of 5082, built 4/3/03, purchased 5/18/03 (now I can say that!)

Reply to
Christopher Shea

I have a similar weirdness in my back ground.

My first mustang was a white 84 gt that I bought on March 14th. After selling it and regreting it I went looking for another Mustang. I found a white 89 lx I liked and took it home on, yep you guessed it, March 14th. I sold the 89 after many years of fun wanting a SN95 mustang so I went looking for one. I found my current 95 at a Chevy dealership. I drove it on a Saturday and got a trade value for my car. I didn't sign anything but the sales person wrote up a high trade in appraisal to sweeten the deal. In Sunday's paper the advertised the car for $2000 less what they wanted Saturday. I went back on Monday and told them I'd take the car. Of course I didn't let them know I saw the ad in the paper until they started writing it up and then I whipped out the ad. Gotcha suckers!. They didn't not want to sell me the car for that price and give me the "sweet" trade in. So we went back and forth for almost a week. They finally gave in and I picked up my car on, yep you guessed it, March 14th. I start laughing out loud at the closing when I saw the date. The sales person got pissed until I explained it to her.

Btw I forgot to mention the 95 is white.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG