OT: What's In Your CD Player?

I figure it's time for another round of 'What's In Your CD Player?'. My latest favorite is the new ZZ Top - Mescalero.

Joe

Claud Spinks

Stepping Out, Joe Jacksons Greatest Hits. Love Hysteria. Peter Murphy. Deep, Peter Murphy. I'm a little retro 80's this week! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

New release from Three Doors Down.

Not exactly my usual stuff, but I love it nonetheless.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Flower Kings "Flower Power" Flower Kings "Stardust" Spock's Beard "V" Genesis "Duke" Mitch Brink "The Hunt"

Reply to
Anonymous

Peter Gabriel, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, and few burnt CD's with Metallica, Twisted Sister, ZZ Top, Stevie Nicks, and some rap crap. :-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS Alpine Equipped!

Reply to
C. Olofsson

I have Blondie, Sound tracks from Blues Brothers, Space cowboys, Kenny Loggins, Shrek, and 3 CDs of Dr. Demento, and 2 CDs of a audio book. Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

A custom Iron Maiden mix and Def Leppard Pyromania is laying in the passengers seat for back up.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Michael, I never would've thought! ;) Have you heard the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack? That's been finding its way into the player also. Love the Zombie and Manson tunes.

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Joe

Lagwagon Sam(uel) '95 GT not stock anymore

Modless Wonder #1)

Reply to
Marauder302

AC/DC's "High Voltage" has been in there ever since the sun came out and the top's been down.

Reply to
Tonefactor

I can't really answer that. I've got the Sony MEX-5DI, which plays MP3 files off a CD-R. So, there's some 150 songs on there. Everything from hard rock to techno. From the '60s to new stuff.

BTW, if you haven't gotten a MP3 player for your stang, I suggest it. Went from Austin, TX to about 75 miles northeast of Chattanooga, TN and back - only had to change the CD twice.

--Larry

-------------------------------------------------------------------- It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper. -- Rod Serling

Reply to
Larry Dennis

Mp3 Player .... 7 discs ... 1000 songs new rock alternative baby !!

Reply to
Silver Stang

Reply to
Shane Metzler

thats a beater .. awesome !!

Reply to
Silver Stang

Stevie Ray Vaughn---Texas flood, Billy Idol--White wedding --CD

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, KISS, Nazareth, and the following in a case on the back floor: Doors, Styx, Meatloaf, Cheap Trick, the Clash, Queen, Jimmy Buffet, Eric Clapton, the Kinks, Foghat, Santana, Boston, the Cars, ELO. Judging by the posts we're mostly a slightly older crowd... or we jammed to these tunes while in diapers ;) I think it's time to check out an MP3 player.

Reply to
Sean

I'm waiting for my car inventory to stabilize so that I can put my Rio in. If you think the CD-MP3 decks are good, you should see this one.

The only downfalls are..

A) They stopped production because of price about a year ago.. nobody wanted to pay $1000 for the base model. I picked mine up on clearance for $320. B) Requires outboard amps.

What it includes:

2 laptop hard drive bays with no upper limit.. however big your hard drive is determines how much music you can hold Runs Linux and interfaces with Windows products and any other OS you can imagine through a Java applet. Music inventory is searchable via remote by artist, track name, album name, genre, and year. Playlists can be set from home and then modified while in the car by search and add functions Works in the house as well as in the car... docking bay makes it work in the car, and AC adapter and RCA outputs work for the home User customizable face if you're brave enough (change display color, install lighted buttons, etc) User customizable software - downloads available online USB/Serial/Ethernet for MP3 uploads Plays MP3, WAV, WMA, and a host of other file formats with added software upgrades Multiple screen savers and visual effects Easy to use 4-button + knob interface 4-channel 5-band fully customizable (band frequencies, etc) equalizer Professional quality audio output stages FM Tuner module option (not included) RCA inputs on the car dock

Since they don't make these anymore, you can always stuff a PC in your car. I've done this as well for kicks. If I didn't have the Rio, I'd be putting another one in. The last PC I had in the car sported an LCD display module and an IR receiver to control Winamp. If I had to do it again, I'd be customizing the software a little more.

I'm definately no stranger to in-car MP3... ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

FINALLY someone mentioned Buffett! Especially you ragtop people, I mean sheesh...

hehe

BTW, 3 of my 6 rotate around JB, the others are Allman bros, Grateful Dead, Foreigner, Little Feat, and totally random mixes I made myself thanks to Napster back when it was worth a hoot! 100GB of music allows for some varied tunes!

-Livin' my second childhood and now refuse to grow up-

-Steve-

Reply to
Steve