OT: What's In Your CD Player?

I have Night & Day in the CD player right now.

- Max - ======= I'm the Man.

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

snipped-for-privacy@aol.commodore (Marauder302) wrote

Lagwagon?! *I* have a Lagwagon CD too, it's got Hoss Cartwright on the cover, but I thought I was the only one. Assuming we're on the same wavelength, I suggest you pick up all the Humpers, Devil Dogs, Didjits, and Boris the Sprinkler discs you can find -- these are my faves, anyway.

Yrs, 180 TS 28

Reply to
180 Out

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Agreed. JJ was best back then.

NPR is great, but there's no way I'm in that mood while seriously driving the Mustang, or even the Dak. NPR is good while driving to work with my mind set on what's ahead for the day. ZZ Top is good while driving home with the windows down cruising up I-75 @ 90mph blowing by all the SUVs.

Joe

I saw ZZ Top in concert in Atlanta (Recycler tour - 1990[?]). The concert sold out before I could purchase tickets but the starter band "Black Crows" got booted off the tour for dissing their sponsor Miller beer or something. Lucky me (though I do like the Crows), I got floor seats face value from someone who wanted to see the Crows - WooHoo! Oh man...these old farts didn't miss a beat!

Eliminator will always be one of my go-to CDs. I had some earlier stuff on

8-track - need to at least get the early hits on CD.

I missed the original question, what's in my CD player? Either Rush Counterparts or George Jones - 16 Biggest Hits (don't remember which).

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

Not by a longshot, my friend. Hoss is an exceptional album, if you like that I also suggest "Blaze," "let's talk about leftovers," and "let's talk about feelings" by those guys. I will check out your listings as I'm always on the lookout for good obscure stuff. Here's one for you now, Strung Out's "Twisted by Design".........that CD changed my life :) If you like punk at all you need to hear it.

Sam(uel) '95 GT not stock anymore

Modless Wonder #1)

Reply to
Marauder302

I am thinking of getting one of those new Neuros 20GB MP3 players -- I saw brief write up on it in TWICE (This Week in Consumer Electronics). It comes with a built-in FM-RF (wireless) transmitter. You just place it near your radio to play the tunes. It sounds (the idea, that is) really cool, but I'm not sure how good an idea like that would work. Hard-wired RF interfaces sound okay, but they're hard-wired, so you really can't take them with you. This one's strong point is that you can haul it anywhere you have an FM radio (it automatically searches for an "empty" frequency): home, car, office, etc. You can listen to it through headphones, too.

It has a couple of other cool features, too, like being able to record directly from an radio broadcast (for catching Click & Clack and Prairie Home Companion) or recording through a line or mic input (so I can bootleg the SARS show in Toronto at the end of this month, eh? Stones, AC/DC, Rush . . . what more could a dinosaur ask for?).

Anyone ever hear of this thing or, perhaps, have one? It really sounds too good to be true.

- Max - = = = =

Reply to
Max C. Webster, III

Here is what I have in mine:

First two slots have burned CD's with techno, heavy metal, and a couple of bass intensive tracks. #3. Jock Jams (mostly dance and sports themed songs. #4. Triple X soundtrack #5. can't remember without going out to the car #6. My Bro's CD (more techno/rap)

Planning on putting together some more tracks d/l'd from KazaaLite to burn a

3rd CD.

With the Mach 460, I have the Traffic Announcement active for the "just in case" scenario. Comes in handy if I need to travel on I-5 between Olympia and Tacoma.

Reply to
Greg B.

I have that turned on, too, but I have never, ever had it do anything . . .

So, what does it do when it works?

Reply to
Max C. Webster, III

If you are playing a CD and a radio station starts a traffic report and they are able to broadcast a Radio Data Signal, your CD will stop and the radio station doing the traffic report will come on. Every now and then, I hear one and it has been different radio stations. You'll know if the station you are listening to is RDS enabled because your display will show the call sign/station name or type of music being played. I know there is one station that will even broadcast the song info (title/album/artist).

Reply to
Greg B.

And I know just how useful it is. Helped me get off I-5 before I hit the slow down near the Tacoma Dome once. Luckily, I knew how to get around it due to the job I work at: Airport Shuttle service. Gotta know the streets to make it on time if the freeway isn't too free. lol

Reply to
Greg B.