Saw an 05 Mustang driving...

Was the V6 version... maroon/burgundy in color. It looks a LOT better in person, but dang it's still butt ugly to me. Was turning heads like no other though!! Was interesting to see one in person finally.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors
Reply to
<memset

opined

Guess which is more important to Ford!!!

;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
cobra boy

Sloan Ford in Exton Pa has 2 2005's GT's on the lot.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Reply to
Nick

Rein

I went to Spradly-Barr Ford to get an oil change and they had ONE 2005 Mustang GT on the lot. I asked the salesdroid about where the V-6 models were, since the GT's had a defect in the heads and are not suppose to be available yet. The droid told me that there are no problems with the heads; it's just that Ford wants to deplete the inventory of 2004's and have as few of the 2005's on the lots to be able to keep the price as high as long as possible; also that people are looking at the showcar (it's not for sale, but you can order one and get it in 2-3 weeks) and paying top dollar for it.

The salesdroid may have been full of it, or may have been being candid - it doesn't matter to me; I shall keep my 2002 and drive it for several years....

Reply to
RowdyRebel

that's down the street from me I might have to stop by. excobra boy

Reply to
cobra boy

Brandon Ford in Tampa has them also - guess I'll go down this weekend and see if they are V6 or GTs. At any rate , I'm sure no one will be seriously "dealing" for the next several months. Then again with gas prices now, maybe the GT will be a slow mover --Not !.

Reply to
Neoisthe1

Ha! Even with higher gas prices, in the hour that I was at the dealership getting my oil changed, the only vehecles moving on the lot were the HUGE trucks and SUV's and one BEAUTIFUL black on black 2004 Mustang Cobra Convertible. Not a single Focus got even a glance.

Reply to
RowdyRebel

I used to think $2 a gallon gas nationwide would squash the SUV thing. But like you said, they're still selling. I always get a laugh out of some yeehaw on a local news spot complaining that their SUV is costing an extra $50 a month to drive, yet they had no trouble paying $30,000 plus for their car.

Reply to
DriveSpy