Shutting off open door sensor/beeper (2K stang)

I often chill in the parking lot with the door open while listening to
the radio.
The (open door / key in the ignition) alarm is very annoying and I've
been looking for the sensor in the door to see If I can disconnect it
but can't find it. Someone advise please. Thanks in advance.
Ron,
2000 GT 'vert.
Reply to
unix
Disconnect it and you'll lock your keys in the car. Your dome light won't come on with the door opening either.
Reply to
Gill
h the door open while listening to
Yes, I know. I was thinking of splicing in a manual cut-off once I find the sensor.
Reply to
unix
the door open while listening to
You would need to put a switch across the two wires (in parallel). You can get to the wires two ways from the door. Remove the door panel, or open the rubber boot in the door hinge area. This thread indicates the wire color black stripe on yellow. Put the switch across that and the black groundwire.

Reply to
Gill

Site Timeline Threads