1995 Altima Rheostat replacement

Recently, position 1,2,and 3 stopped working on my fan control. Only 4 works full speed. I've been told that there is some sort of resistor or rheostat that limits the voltage to the fan motor and that this is probably the problem. My question is where is this part located and is it an easy fix? Any help would be appreciated

Tim

Reply to
TK

It is a pack of resistors. You should find it behind the glove box screwed into the A/C housing not too far from the fan itself. The hardest part of replacing it is taking out the glove box (which is not really very difficult). The thing itself is held in with a couple of screws.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I believe that on the Altima the resistor is near the floor so the glovebox does not need to be removed. 2 screws and it's out.

Reply to
Harry Balls

Reply to
E. Meyer