2001 XTerra starting problems

My son recently bought a 2001 Xterra. Two days later, it failed t

start. All signs pointed to a starter solenoid problem and so advised him to replace it. (He's in KS, I'm in VA.) No joy. The Xterra will start if you bypass the solenoid.

Battery voltage, fusible links are good. He has the original key (with computer chips). The vehicle started fine for two days, the quit.

What other things could be checked? He contacted a dealer in KC - they were of ZERO assistance. If there is a site, to check, I' appreciate the info

-- Mik

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mike's Profile:

this thread:
366

Reply to
Mike

My son recently bought a 2001 Xterra. Two days later, it failed t

start. All signs pointed to a starter solenoid problem and so advised him to replace it. (He's in KS, I'm in VA.) No joy. The Xterra will start if you bypass the solenoid.

Battery voltage, fusible links are good. He has the original key (with computer chips). The vehicle started fine for two days, the quit.

What other things could be checked? He contacted a dealer in KC - they were of ZERO assistance. If there is a site, to check, I' appreciate the info

-- Mik

this thread:
367

Reply to