Removing door panel

My window will not roll up on 1999 nissan quest. The only response I get is a faint, brief sound when i push the button downwards. I am wanting to open up the door panel to get to the mecanism to manually roll it up. I am stuck because I dont know how to get the trim around the handle off. I dont want to just pull because I might break it. Any help would be great.

Reply to
gameglitz

on 6/5/2007 8:35 PM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said the following:

There is a special tool to remove the C-clip that holds the crank handle to the shaft. I have removed these clips without the tool, but requires a little dexterity with a screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers. If you push the door panel in at the handle to provide a gap between the handle and panel you will see the clip. See here for the tool:

here for the tool and window crank:
187615See here for a method of removal without the tool:

willshak

tool:

See here for the tool and windowcrank:
187615> See here for a method of removal without thetool:

Excellent. Thanks for the question. Thanks for the leads and links. I was about to post a nearly identical question.

CR

Reply to
Redigoogle