Frontier: How To Connect Deer Whitstle ?

Since there is no front license plate to mount it on, please make suggestion on where to mount the animals' benign vehicle warning whistle.

We actually saw a fox the other day standing still beside the roadway, and I'd hate to hit that chicken thief.

The wire to the warning whistle is then supposed to be connected to the battery.

I've never fooled with such a thing.

The other whistles on other vehicles that I've utiulized just sorta stick on the bumper, and aren't so electronically powered.

My '04 seems to be lacking a front grill mounting place, or a bumper mounting place.

Reply to
Robert Cohen

Use it as a hood ornament.....a very retro look that will be sure to turn heads.

Reply to
Gunner

Going to the mountains?need any bear bells as well? What is the difference between a black bear and grizzly scat? Grizzly scat has bear bells in it.

Reply to
Henderson

re: not necessarily roving in mtns ingesting vehicles' warning devices

tv news: a bear from nearby ranch goes into neighbor house....victims in hospital

imho: county needs better zoning and/or bear catchers

Reply to
Robert Cohen

On Thu, 25 May 2006 04:37:53 -0500, Henderson graced this newsgroup with:

I've got both a rhino whistle and a giraffe horn on my car, both have worked extremely well.

Reply to
kegler

re: giraffe horn & rhino whistle

and you're at Kenya, that terrific zoo in Poughkepsie , or shoveling-up rich fertilizer ingredients at Rhino-Giraffe Artificial Safari of which I had thought that Andrew took-out (?)

Reply to
Robert Cohen

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Robert Cohen" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

oh hell no. I'm in the metro DC area.

Sorry, love to chat but the local Autozone has a two for one sale on anti-zebra flashers and I want to beat the weekend rush cause you just KNOW they'll be sold out by tomorrow.

Reply to
kegler

re: FYI

The largest auto insurance company in the U.S. was reportedly previously giving away deer whistles upon requests, but apparently no longer is doing so.

I do not know why they stopped giving them out.

It would seem to be their interest to do so.

I've previously bought the little plastic noise/whistle things for $1 each to about $8 each.

They sort of mount on bumpers, but then seem to get knocked off from the wind, car wash, et cetera.

I've got a vehicle that I glued 5 on (a "buck" each), and two or three are still there.

Here is ad copy, which may be accurate:

"Every year there are more than 1.7 million reports of automobile collision with deer. This number represents accidents where a police report has been made to verify vehicle damage or personal injury. It is estimated there are over 2 million unreported deer/vehicle accidents each year, totaling an astounding 3.7 million vehicle contacts with deer annually in the continental US. This staggering number accounts for more than a billion dollars in insurance claims annually."

"In certain areas of some states, your odds of having a deer/vehicle accident may be less than 1 in 3 within a year, with average vehicle damage exceeding $2,800, plus risk of personal injury."

"The (name of a company), used with driver awareness, will reduce your risk of hazardous animal/vehicle collision by more than 70%."

Reply to
Robert Cohen

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Robert Cohen" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

Your whistle works extremely well for elephants as well.

Listen..you were scammed. DEER WHISTLES DO NOT WORK. NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL.

Here's a study done on deer whistles;

Now go and take the remaining whistles off your truck, they just make you look like an uneducated redneck.

Oh... and :-)

Reply to
kegler

I HATE Illinois giraffes.

Reply to
Henderson

Joliet Giraffe Horn

Henderson

re: efficacy

and that's why the insurance company no longer...

touche

Reply to
Robert Cohen

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty Henderson addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

on my..they grew 'em big in Illinois. I think I'll drive *around* that state.

Reply to
kegler

Beautifully worded.

Note the phrase "used with driver awareness". It doesn't actually say what either Whistle or Awareness would do alone. My guess is 70:0!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ