Did I make a mistake ???

The more I read this forum the more I fear that my purchasing my 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE, 1.8 L Eng. may have been a mistake !!!

Are there continuous problems I should be looking out for ? Should I sell before I get in too deep ?

Any advice would help.

Reply to
Divlja

Remember that people post here when they have problems, not when everything is going well. The Sentra and the 1.8 are generally reliable.

Reply to
JimV

What would be any better? You might want to read some other car groups.

Reply to
« Paul »

no, you will be fine.

Reply to
ppointer

I only buy Sentras for City travel and for my tight budget. I wish could afford feeding Ford MustangConvertible but too much gas, so I rent high-performance cars for a few days on vacations, otherwise my home horse are Sentras and alike. I owned 1992 basic Sentra and through the years currently ended up with "2004 Sentra 1.8S" with multiple upgrades, notable Aluminum alloy wheels which further improved already excellent gas mileage.

Reliable, no problems though I admit my model is better than yours obsolete GXE. Nissan changed labeling system since 2002, no more GXE, Se, etc. only engine type and S or no S, e.g mine is 2004 1.8S. (1.9 liter, delux trim/entertainment package/power windows/doors/etc version comparing to basic 1.8).

So comparing to others in its price range, a very good unit, I paid $14K and have seen my model now going at 11K!!!!!

tHIS IS A STEAL 11,000 NOT LEASE, BUT PURCHASE AND YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A STUDENT OR OTHER CRAP, AND NEW!!!

Reply to
Mark Levitski

I am driving my second Sentra, a '92 which has 220,000 miles on it. My aunt and my sister-in-law also have Sentras but much newer. My younger sister had one that ran great but had other problems due to being wrecked. All of them have been good cars. Seriously, go take a look in the Ford or Chrysler newsgroups. It will make you feel better.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Oh Lord, 1992 and 220K miles. Please wreck it, it causes air pollution and eats fuel.

Reply to
Mark Levitski

Actually, it is fairly easy on gas and doesn't even use a quart of oil between changes. It probably has less emissions than a brand new SUV. It definitely uses less gas than one.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Yes I had it (1992), but it's mileage owes to a microscopic size, 1992 Sentra was desined to TORTURE rear passengers - no leg room except for midgets. My new 2004 model is no compariosn and front end is beautiful, rear end still Nissan-style (ugly shoe end).

Reply to
Mail: MetalBlade

THe 98 - 99 year was excellent - I had one for 4 years and the only problem was a $35 valve in the engine. Very impressed.

the 2000 sentras were problematic, but are generally excellent after that.

Now those 02 Altimas are another story . . .

JH

Reply to
Jimmi hat

Hey mark i have a 90 sunny 1.6 e fully powered that runs like a charm at

160k on the clock.and every thing is like new and very good on the gas.so i dont agree with you
Reply to
96xekingcab