1987 Pulsar

Hi. First post here so bear with me.

I've got a 1987 Nissan Pulsar N13 with a 1.6 carb engine and air con. I don't have the air con on much but I have used it a few times.

I worked out today that I my fuel consumption is 11.15 litres per 100k, which translates to 21 miles per gallon. I think my math is correct - the actual figures were 437k travelled and 39.17 litres used.

If my calc is correct, isn't this extremely high? Any ideas what could be the cause?

The car is Australian. In the UK the model is known as a Sunny.

Reply to
Spammy Sammy

On 2/15/2005 8:04 AM US(ET), Spammy Sammy took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Your figures translate more like 26.35 MPG. My 85 Pulsar with the 1.6 L carb engine got between 35-37 MPG My 93 1.6 litre FI Sentra 2 DR got about the same mileage.

Reply to
willshak

Still very high though isn't it.

Reply to
Spammy Sammy

This model (Aussie model) does not have a carby it is actually fuel injection. When you are running you fuel down to empty are you waiting for the low fuel light to come on???

Reply to
Susan and Stephen

It has done, however I normally fill whenever it's a low price day.

I thought it was carb engine. Will be disappointed if I take the air filter off and find a singlepoint injection module underneath.

Reply to
Spammy Sammy