Re: G35 vs 350Z Horsepower

Does anyone know why the Nissan 350Z has seven more horsepower than

> the Infiniti G35 coupe when they have the exact same engine? No > biggie, just curious.

Different exhaust systems.

Reply to
ppointer

There are a lot of reasons. I can't tell you exactly what, but you'll see the same engine (3.5L VQ35...) in the Altima SE, Maxima, Infiniti, and the new ('04? '05?) Quest. They all have different HP ratings based on:

  1. Marketing. They want to brand the vehicles with better or even more better HP based on what the vehicle costs.
  2. intake/exhaust. Depending on the options, you get a certian HP. Of course you could aftermarket make all the versions the same.

Just remember, it all is based on HP/ Torque and hp-weight.

Kai Ponte

Reply to
KINGLIFER

The G35 is 6" longer, more or less, and is like 200 lbs heavier.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

And then of course we have to account for your weight, the number of friends you are carrying, how full the gas tank is, etc. Not to mention, torque is what counts anyway.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Reply to