Keyless Programming - damn horn

I recently bought a 2003 Altima 3.5 SE. The dealership didn't have the remotes but gave 2 new ones. Service was closed. When I got home I followed instrictions found online and successfully programmed the remotes to the car.

Problem: The option to silence the horn with locking and unlock doesn't work. If I hold down the lock and unlock buttons, after a few seconds the parking lights blink; but it doesn't stop the honking.

I doubt that the dealer will be helpful..... any suggestions?

Reply to
Punkie

The car is still under warrantee. Take it to a Nissan dealer and play dumb.

Reply to
ppointer

The finish to this story has a twist. My car has an "upgraded alarm system" with a small red led light on the lower dash that is also a control button. The trick is turn the key on-off-on and then push the button 3 times to silence the horn.

Any>> I doubt that the dealer will be helpful..... any suggestions?

Reply to
Punkie

Sounds like the cheat code to Contra on the original Nintendo.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman