Engine revs but power lags 02 SE

Hi, I have a Maxima se 02 standard with 30k on it. When I switch gears and step on the gas the tach swings up, the engine revs but there is no acceleration or power to the wheels. After a second or 2, the tach comes down and the car accelerates. This is new behavior to an otherwise fine car. P.S. the engine light does not come on. Is this a tranny problem on a car so young?

Reply to
bugman

Sounds like your clutch is slipping.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Selinoid Clutch Control

Check to make sure your car doesn't meet the recall for this part. If you are not part of the recall then your looking at

400.00 for the part + labor.

Go to your local Nissan Dealer and have them run your vin number for recall status.

Reply to
me

30k and 2 years. Should this not fall under power train warranty?
Reply to
bugman

I think the poster meant MANUAL trans when he wrote "standard". He says he changed gears, which may mean he shifted and let up the clutch. It is very common for a worn clutch disc to slip upon acceleration.

I don't think that the clutch is covered under warranty.

Matthew

01 Max SE
Reply to
maxima1