PRICE???? 2K maxima SE

I can get a 2K Max with 119K on it for 6800 bucks, (plus tax) what is the general opinions on this car at this price? does have new tires and is an SE with sunroof, leather, in pretty good condition except drivers seat is cracked a little, basically seems like a good car, HOWEVER they do have the radiator cooling fans on order and it makes me wonder if it has ever been overheated......aluminum and heat, well you know what the story is on that!! Paint is excellent, good factory rims (slight curb rash on one). Anyway, What do yall think? Thanks Bitsbucket

Reply to
Bitsbucket

Sounds scary. Is this a dealer? Any sort of warranty?

Reply to
E. Meyer

Yea, It's a dealer....30 day warranty. They started out at 12000 bucks, but it's been on the lot and now they are going to wholesale it if I don't buy it, same price to me or wholesaler, but he doesn't have to pay tax on it....I do that brings it to 7200 in GA. I just can not make up my mind....so I am looking for opinions to sway me one way or the other... Thanks for the reply. any ideas? Bitsbucket......OH kelly blue book TRADE IN allowance it 6100 so I'm getting it cheap I think...Private sale, even with the miles is around 9K

Reply to
Bitsbucket

The engine is pretty much bullet-proof. It's the trans you gotta watch out for. Make sure it shifts cleanly from a dead stop at near full throttle. No delay between shifts, no slippage. Make sure the trans fluid is still red and not burnt looking/smelling. If all is OK, have it changed once you buy it. Other likely problems include bad struts, alternator, and starter. All not a big deal to fix those though. Oh, and check for warped rotors. All-in-all, great cars if taken care of.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
Bitsbucket

Reply to
lwilliams

You didn't really mean $300 a piece, right? You can purchase six Nissan coils for about $340 from many on-line Nissan part stores and replace them yourself in about 30 minutes. Or you can have your local garage do it for about $60 in labor.

Reply to
Dan