Remote Startup for Maxima 1992

Hi Folks,

I have a 1992 Nissan Maxima SE, Automatic. I would like to have the remote start facility installed on it. My requirements are: 1. Remote Startup 2. Heater turns ON 3. Rear Defogger turns ON

Which products should I look into? Do you think this could be a DIY? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Hawk

Reply to
Indiana

You can install one yourself if you are electrically inclined. The heater on has to be set BEFORE you get out of the car. and you can't have the rear defog turn on with the remote start.

Reply to
Brian

Unless you use a toothpick to hold the switch in. *L*

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
FatherGuido

and risk burning out the defogger / switch /wiring and possibly catching fire? this cars defogger is on a timer to automatically shut off after a set amount of time. It is not designed to be held in the on position.

Reply to
Brian

It doesn't turn off on my '94 GXE with Automatic Climate Control.

Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good

Reply to
FatherGuido

According to the info that I found for my 92 SE the switch has a built in timer to turn it off. Most cars have that "feature" The only car that I can remember not doing it was my 90 Subaru Legacy.

Reply to
Brian