steering wheel buttons

First of all I want to thank the people who responded to my first question. I bought a used 02 maxima. It has an aftermarket stereo in it. I know the volume buttons won't work but the buttons that control the mode switch for (mpg) (dte) and outside temp don't work either. It's my understanding that the wires that contol that run through the stock stereo. If thats the case then it's just a matter of reconnecting the right wires. I hope it's that simple please help Thank you.

Reply to
Ed Magdaleno