306DT stereo locked

Hi, I had to remove my battery, and when reconnected my stereo needed a code so I paid for one at local peugeot dealers but its still wont work even they're baffled....any ideas?cheers

Reply to
sidewinder

You paid for one? Do you mean they read the code on the stereo or they charged you to supply the number from the origional dealers records? If they read it from the stereo and it won't program in, then the stereo is faulty. If they rang the origional dealer, they've written the number down wrong. I've obtained these numbers in the past from the origional supplying dealers without any money changing hands, just ring up and ask em(!)

jim.

Reply to
jim.

In message , jim. writes

I had a hell of a game with mine. The dealer I bought the car from (2nd hand) didn't record the stereo code, however they had sold the car from new, so should have stored it. After being passed from dept to dept (Jordans in Hull), I eventually managed to persuade the MD that in the interests of customer satisfaction the least they could do was get me the code - which they should have supplied in the first place. So - a bit of hassle, but saved me some cash in the end.

Reply to
mike. buckley