405 td questions

Hi,

I've just got a 405TD Hunter - Could anyone answer the following please:

What does the left-most gauge measure and is it supposed to go from min to max on startup then appear to switch off when the engine is running? Symbol looks like it might be a dipstick.

Secondly, where would I get an owner's handbook? (Haynes manual on way from ebay)

Finally can anyone personally recommend a Peugeot garage in East London or South Essex? Doesn't have to be main dealer but somewhere where they know the foibles and won't rip you off.

As a new-to-Peugeot owner I'm very impressed so far

Ta

Darren

Reply to
Darren Peters

PS Where would be a good place to get little odds and ends like an inside door lock button cheaply, and perhaps online?

Thanks again

Reply to
Darren Peters

its an oil level gauge and only works for that amount of time

essex ford (yellow pages)

Reply to
Mindwipe

It is an oil level indicator. It only comes on when the key is in position 1.

Don't know - you could try a scrapies?

I live in Edinburgh - afraid I can't help you!

Three years down the line and I still am!

Ben

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- THIS EMAIL ACCOUNT IS NOT CHECKED try benpanter at big foot which is a com [there should be no spaces]

Reply to
Ben Panter