406 immobaliser problem

Can anyone help? I have a problem with immobiliser, both lights on (red and green) and won't start? I have a 406 1.9 turbo diesel, I have tried re-setting the ecu and that works for a short time but does not solve the problem. I was told that it's not an ecu fault but a dds sensor but have no idea what this looks like or it's location. also I was told that I can by-pass the imobiliser and this would cure the problem? any ideas?

Reply to
Chasman

Is it your car?

Reply to
Nik&Andy

you have to know the code start the car as normal and while its running disconnect the keypad another fault which is common to the 406 is the wiring behind the keypad breaks due to flex

Reply to
Mindwipe