Peugeot 406 2.0 SE Coupe speedo problem

Hi, i've read through pages and pages of previous topics and have come to the conclusion that it must be the speedo transducer (if mine has the right part)...

my speedo works on and off, its had a new sensor on the gearbox and a new set of instrument dials! and still not working properly.....

the only thing i wanted to check is that alot of the 406's have black boxes behind the glove box, but mine hasn't got a black one, its a silver box which was hrld in with a screw, but still has the same wires going to it, look at these pics to show what i'm on about....

could this still be the problem of my woes......??

pls help

Reply to
GAZ666