2003 Grand Prix - Key Won't Come Out!!!

Errgg. I have a 2003 Grand Prix and more than occasionally lately the key wont go into the off position, it just stops before I can turn it to that position and I cant take the freaking key out. If I restart the car 2-3 times, finally it sometimes comes out. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Kel Varnsen

worn out lock cylinder or key GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I have heard that if you take it to the dealer they can tell you where the location is of a hole you stick a pin into to release the key. Sounds like you need to replace the tumbler. Not a real hard job but make sure you have all the correct tools for the job.

Reply to
MichEE