BMW chief criticises Rover bosses

What a wan***! He is MD of the UK branch of Bankrupt Morals W - the company that hid their new product development costs in the so-called £1M per day Rover losses that were actually a figment of BMW's management's imagination, thus inflating the bottom line of BMW at a time when all anylists the world over were questioning their own viability, and who stole the New Mini which represented the small car future for Rover.

Rover NEVER lost the sums BMW stated, and the lying bar-stewards of BMW tried their damndest to kill the 75 - which represented real competition for their 3 and 5 series - while sending 3 jet planes a day full of their own highly paid executives backwards and forwards ro Birmingham every day at the same time planning a massive asset-strip of Rover and the sale of Land Rover to Ford (after having stripped it of all the knowledge they needed to be able to build off-roaders, which they still can't do properly) - something that the British Government was always against. Even when they 'sold' Rover to Phoenix, they still lied. They overstated its assets by millions of pounds, and had to hand over PowerTrain and the so-called 'loan' to stay out of court. This was widely reported in the financial press.

They also made the Gaydon Design Centre (you know, the one that designed the

75 and the new Mini) part of Land Rover and gave it to Ford as well. They stole the heritage of the British motor industry by not giving up the Rover museum and by keeping the older brands such as Triumph that they will never be able to use, just to stop Rover using them. THEY really are the bad face of capitalism, including the moronic BMW-Britain MD. This is just another orchestrated attempt to finish off Rover. It follows on from BMW refusing to allow the latest mods to the common rail diesel engine to be incorporated into the one used in the 75/ZT. It follows the BMW refusal to allow the HiLine Nav system to operate to the same level as the BMW version. It was most enlightening that the figure quoted for the Rover 4's 'take home' pay included the £14M pension fund, yet the figure the slimeball quoted for BMW's board's pay excluded their pensions and benefits. I wonder why? The article also mentioned the Commons Committe investigation into the pension payments, and yet failed to mention the fact that the same committee had cleared the Phoenix 4 of any wrongdoing.

So much for unbiased reporting by the BBC, and the morailty of the oafs at BMW.

Reply to
RacingFan

An excellent riposte Racing Fan. Well said :-)

E-mail address, hopefully self-explanatory Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Thank you Andy. As you can see, the UK Media and BMW wind me up somewhat! When I bought my 75 I actually chose the 2,5 petrol engine because I wanted as little as possible in the car to originate from BMW, even though I would have gladly purchased a diesel. I won't buy anything from those scum ever again - and jeremy Clakson should be made to go and live there; after all, he takes enough money from them.

Reply to
RacingFan

But the new MINI, and Land Rover, were precisely the reason that BMW bought Rover in the first place ! They sold on Land Rover, and kept the MINI for themselves. Without either of those two, then BMW wouldn't have stepped in.

I fail to see what your point is here ?

BMW's move, distributed the worthwhile products (MINI and Land Rover) to companies who could actually make something out of them !

Reply to
Nom

The POINT is that in their amoral fashion BMW think it's ok to asset strip and dump UK workers' jobs having stolen 2 of the 3 good things about Rover, as well as trying very hard in an immoral fashion to kill off the 75 while all along trying to make it look like Rover's fault, and then ridiculing the new Rover management (who put everything they had personally on the line) for doing something that every other businessman in the world does every day, whether or not they are making a profit.

Also I think even Wurzel Gummage with his most stupid head on can understand that the comparison made by the sueudo German 'British' MD was completely out of order - Now IF he had disclosed how much the German board of BMW 'took home' in pensions and other benefits, thus ensuring a meaningful comparison, then his comments MIGHT have meant something. The real story is in what he didn't say, and in what BMW had to pay in out-of-court settlement to Rover for lying to the whole world about the value of Rovers assets as handed over for the famous tenner.

Reply to
RacingFan