2003 9-3 Hood Protector - Any Available?

This may be an off the wall question...but here goes.

I just bought a 2003 9-3 with a trade of our 2001 9-5 Wagon. I had installed the 'hood protector' (plastic bug guard) on the 9-5...it worked great. Driving on the highway during New England winters is like having your hood sand blasted.

I noticed that Saab does not offer this accessory for the 2003 9-3 in the US. It is available for the 2003 Convertible and older 9-3 models.

I emailed Saab USA and received an answer from a customer service person who seemingly had done the same research I had done, i.e. look in the current catalog. When I asked the parts guy at the dealership, he gave me a "Dude, how uncool" look and shrugged his shoulders and looked through the catalog.

My question: Is this item available in Europe? Does anyone know of any aftermarket manufacturers/distributors who may provide this part?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Reply to
Tucker Muck

The "hood protector" accessory that can be viewed on the US

site is not available here in Sweden (and probably not in any other European country). This is a typical US-only product.

There should be international laws against ugly accessories such as wunder baums, fuzzy dice, hood protectors, and 76-orange antenna balls.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Reply to
ma_twain

Thanks.

After a few winters of a daily commute of 100 miles on I495, my old Infiniti G20t's hood went from a pretty shiny black to dull dark grey. My brother-in-law's two Passats (as with anyone who drives around here) are experiencing the same fate. Ugly or not, the hood protector on the 9-5 was hammered but my hood had only a couple of nicks. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thank goodness we have yet to regulate practicality.

Reply to
Tucker Muck