clear corner lamps

Where can I purchase clear corner lamps such as ones on this SAAB 9-3?

kxm77

In article , kxm77 @qwest.net spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Where abouts in the worls are you?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Seattle, WA, USA

Reply to
kxm77

=20

=20

I thought these were standard for the USA market, in Europe they have to = be amber, or at least the bulb has to be.

------------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96

MH

My SAAB is 1999 9-3 Convertible and it looks like this:

http://64.226.199.20/pics1001cars/C1072a.jpg The corner lamp lens has a small amber plastic piece towards the bottom. I am looking for a corner lamp that's completely transparent without amber plastic piece. Do you think I can just talk to a SAAB dealer and purchase corner lamp assembly for newer SAABs and put it on my SAAB?

Reply to
kxm77

Does the amber plastic piece come out?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You want the EU spec lamps, try

Murphwiz

The following is the one with amber plastic piece for RH & LH:

?cPath=40_97_102&products_id=666 I could not find the corner direction indicator with transparent lens on

I also checked "Electric Parts Catalog (EPC) for SAABs, version 2003-1" by Teradyne Diagnostic Solutions, but this catalog does not have clear corner lamps either.

If anyone could provide more information, I would appreciate.

Reply to
kxm77

I thought this was a good idea. Thank you.

I found that clescent-shape amber plastic piece is glued inside of the transparent lens. I took out the corner lamp assembly. I removed the rubber seal around it, and found that lens and plastic piece with reflective surface are very tightly glued together and I was hesitant to try to separate them becasue of a chance of damaging them.

Reply to
kxm77

I contacted a local SAAB dealer which claims the following:

"Carter is the largest supplier of Volkswagen and SAAB parts in the Northwest With over $800,000 worth of parts, we have one of the most complete selections in the U.S." (copied from

) A person who was in charge of their SAAB parts department was pathetically helpless.

Reply to
kxm77

Thank you for all the folks who helped me. My search is over. Paul Whiter at PartsForSaabs.com promptly answered my request for quote for clear corner lamps. He is very helpful unlike the local SAAB dealer.

Reply to
kxm77

Was gonna say.. They should listed as they are fitted to every SAAB sold in Europe and beyond! Only US spec gets the orange bits!

Reply to
Murphwiz