Pics of the 2006 facelifted 9-5:

Here you go:

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Looks like they have been toning down the Saab identity even further and made the car look more like a uniform GM product. The front has lost the Saab grille and the rear boot (trunk) lid that cuts into the bumper (fender) can also be seen on GM Vauxhall cars.

Reply to
Johannes

in article 4312e785$0$2337$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk, Henrik B. at saab@_NOSPAM_tdcadsl.dk wrote on 29/08/2005 11:46:

Thanks for the link Henrik!

It's quite "mean" looking, but not in a good way. The faux-Audi grille is confusing. If the lines were not carried on into the headlamps (!) then the grille could be meshed for better effect. Plain ugly IMO! I am a staunch fan of the detachable chromed grille, though :)

The back end looks neat(er) on the sedan and I'm glad they have retained the clean line from the bonnet to the wing mirrors.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

So it is a Gmified Saab 9-5 now?

Why do they remove the SAAB logo in the middle of the grill?

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

It's got fatter.

Definitely a Saabillac.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Graham,

It was GMified, resulting in a fatter "amerikanized" 9-5?

I hope it's not a "hungry" gas guzzler now.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Does anyone care to translate the comments ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

But they're quite rude :-)

Reply to
Johannes

I suspected that might be the case. ;-)

So *do* please !

I'm avoiding being rude myself until I've had longer to look at it.

Oh - sod it. The front end of many previous Saabs looks quite 'sleek' and purposeful.

The new look front end reminds me of the backside of one of those overweight US mamas. GM loses the plot again.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

You could ask Henrik :-)

I think the front looks quite OK. Its looks very powerful, like if it has got an extra 500bhp under the bonnet and ready to snap up any vehicles in its track.

Remember the ill-fated Ford Scorpio face-lift. The car was mechanically sound, and it was a big improvement over previous model, but the American styling really went over the top; it looked ridiculous. Ford didn't sell enough to keep the production.

Reply to
Johannes