Best Rated threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 Saturn Temperature Guage
Just bought a 95 Saturn (113,000 KM) SL1, SOHC, (four days ago) and have done some routine maintenance on it that had been lagging by the previous owner (Oil Change, Rear Shoes, Muffler, PC Valve, Air...
10
10

Saturn rear-ended at low speed, but back still hurts
Any thoughts or comments about the following? About six weeks ago, I (driving a '99 Saturn SL2) was rear-ended while trying to leave a parking lot. I was stopped at a red light, inched out a bit to...

Why Do Saturns Suck...
I liked my Saturn better this morning than this afternoon... When the thing played FORD! I've never seen anything like this before on any vehicle I've ever had over the years since the early 70's....
18
18

99 SC2 horn does not work and gas pedal broke off
Just bought my daughter this car and the horn doesn't work and the gas pedal is broken off. Anyone have any ideas on fixing these problems
1
1

Rough Idle + Service Engine Soon Light on 1998 SC1
Last week I noticed my 1998 SC1 (with about 155000km on it) was idling a bit rough at stoplights. Nothing too big, just a little rougher than usual. Then last night the "Service Engine Soon" light...
7
7

All lights dimming frequently when engine is running. Saturn SL1 1999..HELP.
I have a 1999 Saturn SL1. My headlights and dashboard lights dim often while in IDLE. Recently the problem has progressed while in movement. It seems that when I shift, the dimming will also occur....
7
7

Vibration/noise when turning left
I have a 93 Saturn SL2 that started to make a vibration and low pitched noise when I turn left. I jacked it up and do get a slight amount of play when a grab the top and bottom of the wheel and try...
6
6

Oil question What the manual says, vs. what Dad says.
Hi, all, I have a 96 Saturn SL, and it's begun to burn oil when I really give it the gas. I can see a cloud behind me. My Dad told me that I might be able to alleviate that by using 10w40, instead of...
33
33

PCV valve -- dealer only?
I've been trying to find a PCV valve for my 2000 Saturn Lseries wagon, with no luck....I've been told they are dealer only items, which is hard to believe, since they are such a common tune-up item....
8
8

odometer backlight
My '99 SL2 last night decided that the back light for the odometer was going to burn out . The dash light for the speedo and the tach are just fine yet. In proper light I can see the mileage and so...
6
6

Oil change 2004 Vue
I have 5K on my vue now and still no change oil light. I'm on the verge of taking it to the Saturn store just to find out if the light is working. Whats the normal milage for changing oil? John
23
23

2003 / '04 Saturn Ion Trunk Light
Hello, Im trying to replace the trunk light on my friends and my saturn ion. It looks simple enought, 2 wires, just a clip and splice job, like amny ive done before. But, im worried about grounding...
1
1

Saturn SL Brake Star-Wheel adjuster
Adjusting the star-wheel on a 1993 SL1 requires a uniquely shaped adjustment tool as the star-wheel is not behind the access slot. Rather, it is several inches away - toward the rear. In other words,...
11
11

SL2 Condenser question
Hi, stopped over to help a friend put a new (reman) condenser in his SL2. I noticed only one of the lines had an o-ring (the smaller line at the bottom.) Is the upper line supposed to have an o-ring...

Vue 2004 Redline with low profile tires
I have a 2004 Vue Redline with the Low profile tires and was driving home Friday night when I hit something on the road with the left front and left rear tire. Both tires blew and it severely damaged...
3
3

does anyone know firing order for 2001 saturn sl1
my mom had a friend help her change her wires and i think he croosed the wires because it is mis firing anyone help!!!@!@
4
4

2003 Saturn View Stereo Swap
My wife and I are switching cars, we want to swap the stereos. Can anyone tell me how or point me to a guide to reomve the stock cd player from a 2003 Saturn vue....Please Help
1
1

HELP: 1993 Saturn SL1 Window Regulator - READ THIS!!!
Ok Saturn guru's... I'm hoping someone can help out with this weird thing. I have a 1993 Saturn SL1 (4dr/Manual). The driver's side window regulator went, so I went to Saturn to buy the part and have...
3
3

96 sl1 growls when turning right
My girlfriends 96 saturn sl1 has a growling noise when making a right hand turn & when driving straight down the road. The noise stops when steered to the left. Anyone have any experience with this...
2
2

5w-20 synthetic oil?
My new 2004 v6 awd VUE owner manual says to use 5W-20 oil. Is there any oil manufacture that makes 5W-20 synthetic oil? Saturn service manager claims that running anything higher than 5W-20 will dame...
7
7