1965 Daytona 4 barrell question

I have a 1965 Daytona Sport Coupe with what I believe to be the original 283 engine and a 2 barrell carb. Someone has toldme it looks like a more modern 305 but I haven't researched that yet.

Heres my problem. It has a 2 barrell but the choke linckage from manifold spring to carb is missing. It does not start well on cold days.

Should I try to run down the missing linkage

Or should I just get a new 4 barrell manifold with a new carb

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

All the parts you seek should be regular Ch*vy/Rochester parts. So a new linkage bit should not be that difficult to find. However, if you

*want* a 4bbl, an aftermarket 4bbl manifold and something like an AFB or AVS should not be difficult to swap on.

Being the frugal type, I'd just replace the linkage first, but if you want MORE POWER (argh argh argh) a 4bbl is an easy swap.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Think I will invest a little money to get the 2 barrell working first. May still go the 4 barrell route later. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul Brewington