Barn finds

Look at these--several Studebakers:

It's a shame, it looks like these cars were loved and one point and allowed to deterioriate in this decrepit barn.

Mark

65 Cruiser
Mark Anderson

I kinda like the Packard.

Bob40(but not enough to bid)

Reply to
Bob

I think they would be a good buy; try to look past the dirt and neglect (like I did with my Hawk a couple years ago) and you will see diamonds... Too bad they are so far away from me. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I think I have seen this type of DAMAGE before. I had a car lost in a flood long ago and this is what it looked like. I hope I am wrong for the new owners sake,Rich

Reply to
am not r2

Looking at the other cars I guess that is possible. Could also be a super moist old building; I have seen cars stored in old moist buildings that looked like this. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
Robert Black

Interesting cars but I would be hesitant to buy when he is an obvious liar about the mileage. I can see where the brake pad on the Packard is worn down to the metal. 124K instead of 24K for sure.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

So do I.

The '58 Packards with the big fins/tailights and slope like grille give excellent competition to the DeSoto's of the era. Ridiculous and awesome!

JT

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I was thinking the same thing but OTOH, the '64 Commander may well be a low mileage car..

JT

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I doubt that one too. If it has been stored for 16 years that still means it was on the road for 26. The engine does not look at all like an engine with

12K miles on it. And the seat looks soft where the driver sits. That would not happen in 12K. He is a rip off artist.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Funny.....he speaks to it being driven in 96' and I see an inspection sticker in the window for 98'.........

Reply to
jbreen